Yesterday I realized that in the past three weeks I've been to a bachelorette party, two birthday parties, a baby shower, a baptism, and a retirement party. Tomorrow night I have graduation, and then Friday is the end-of-school party. Luckily, I have a couple of weeks before my first wedding of the summer. I don't think I've ever had so many parties concentrated in a short span of time.
Today I made an appearance at work to clean my desk (it's so organized now!), and clean up some stuff in the lab. I really can't see any reason to make an appearance at school tomorrow since I have grad in the evening. So I am so done!
You may be asking yourself, so what *is* Christielli going to do with her summer? Well, it's a good time to ask that question, since the summer plans that I made back in May, and neglected to blog about, seem like they are real now because:
a) I just received the credit card bill with all my travel bookings on it; and
b) I just got my summer paycheque that will cover said bookings, plus my rent and a few other things. Good thing I have some savings to cover things like, oh, eating.
So, for most of July I will be kicking around Toronto. A couple of my July weekends will be spent traveling to a couple of weddings.
The first wedding is in London Ontario, and it's for a good friend from high school. I'm actually going to be the MC at the wedding, so I'll have to work on my speech during my first week off.
The second wedding is in Timmins. Timmins is like eight hours north of Toronto, and I've never been there (although my mom grew up there). This wedding is for a friend from work, and I'm going to road trip it up with another friend, and there may be some camping involved. I'll let you know about it, 'cuz I'm the least outdoorsy person ever, so I'd go camping just for the fact it would make an insanely funny blog post.
In between weddings, I need to make a list of stuff I want to do in Toronto during the month of July. One of the most important things I want to do is spend lots of time with Becca T, 'cuz she's going to work in Nice, France for 10 months, so I'll really miss her while she's gone.
Anyway, at the end of July is when the overseas-travel fun begins.
I'm going to fly to Paris, France and stay there for a week. I'm going with a friend from high school, and our plans revolve around drinking wine, going to museums, checking out Versailles, and being overall fabuleuses.
Then, my poor friend has to go home, but I'll fly off to Aberdeen to meet up with the
ever awesome and fabulous Claire! Claire and I met when she visited Toronto a couple years ago, and I've so excited to see her again! Basically, I'm going to hijack her life for a week and a half. We'll spend some time in Scotland, and then make our way to London.
So, exciting! I love love love summer.
3 comments:
I can't wait for some camping posts from you.
If I went to France I'd overdose on soft cheeses and breads.
I can't believe you're going camping and after you told me you were a city girl....hehe.
I'm super jealous of your Paris trip....sigh.
If you do it right, camping could be just as extravagent as Paris could possibly be?
The bride and groom from the only wedding I have to go to this summer will be in Paris the same time as you it sounds like.
Post a Comment