Holla kids from the all-too-rare drunk post!
So tonight was my BFF (I will freely use that term) Becca T's wine and cheese.
I went to her house first to help set up for the party. When we were done, we had nothing left to do, so we sat around and sang to my iPod. As we were belting out Joel Plaskett's "True Patriot Love", I commented to BT "you know you're comfortable with a person when you'll just sit there and sing."
Anyway, the party was super super fun. I did my best to ensure that drunk-Christielli was in attendance.
I was cool enough that I actually introduced two people to each other who knew each other quite well. "Hey ________, meet___________." Then I looked at them and said "Hey didn't you guys travel to Costa Rica together?" Yup, they had. They also went on a trip to Florida together too and informed me of this. However, then they complimented me on how welcoming am I since I was nice enough to at least introduce themselves to each other. Then, I promptly bumped into one of them, causing her to spill red wine on herself. But, it's true! White wine does get red wine out so all was well!!!
Another awesome part of the party was giving Becca T her gift. When Mathew, Becca T and I went shopping in the States, there was an extravagant purse that Becca really liked. Mathew and I surreptitiously sneaked off to buy it, and she didn't know. Then, I emailled a couple other people to go in on it, and voila! Expensive purse for Becca T. She was sooooooooooo excited to get it. She had no clue. She carried it around for most of the party. Muahahahaha. I love giving someone something much loved and completely unexpected.
I love just chilling with my university friends too. I find I only see these people at parties, but I love them. I loved when my friend Ali told the story about how her husband (my pal Jon) had gone with her to the Bay to buy a vacuum, and then asked them "I have a Sears card, what can you do for me?" thinking that he was at Sears. I find this insanely amusing.
During this whole party, I found myself really missing my friend Alison. I met Alison in my second year of university. She had grown up with Becca T. The three of us actually lived together one year. Anyway, she's been in Japan for two years now with her husband and she will email me sporadically. Becca says they might be moving back and I hope so 'cuz I so miss her. I think I've changed a lot since the two of us were friends, but I know that she'd dig the person that I am now. I miss her. I'm going to email her tomorrow when I'm sober and tell her as much.
Yay for lasting friendships and drunk post out.
ps As I was posting this, a friend of mine sent me the following video and it's fucking awesome.
5 comments:
Sounds like a great party!
I have totally done the introduction thing - or worse I said "you guys met 13 years ago once!" and the people were like "umm...maybe....."
I stayed fairly sober at my party last weekend for that reason.
Nice work on the gift! That is truly great.
Hah, nice! Your drunk posts are more coherent than my sober posts! But then...I think my drunk posts are more coherent than my sober posts....guess which kind of comment this is?
Drunk post, w00t! I cannot wait to get my drunk post on once I'm in the city!
Cxx
why was your drunk post so.... sober? it sounds like you had a ton of fun and it was awesome of you two to get her that bag she wanted!
Funny, you didn't sound like you drunk-blogged, which is unlike drunk-dialing as you can actually deleted whatever your posted.
re: intro
1st day in co-ed dorm.
"Hi, I'm Jason, nice to meet you"
"Jay. It's me. Andrea. We met yesterday. I live in this suite."
In my defense, she had a new haircut. OK, not so much a defense...
Post a Comment