Monday, December 07, 2009

And I'll be anything you ask and more.

This evening I just booked a flight to here for March Break!


The trip to Nice is officially on! I'm probably going to meet up with Becca T in Paris, and we'll spend a little bit of time there, and then make our way to Nice. I'm so excited! I love France. And I can't wait to party with Becca T for a week. I miss her. Anyway, I got a good price on my flight, and now all I have to do is fill in a few blanks, and voila!

Also, *who* seriously flies to Paris twice within a year? Me! Who'd have thunk? I'd planned this summer's trip before I knew Becca T was going to France, and figured if the fates were going to take me there twice, so be it. The other day I was using Google Street View to navigate the streets of Paris, and was just salivating at the sight of them. I love that city.

Incidentally, I noticed my passport expires in February. Renewing it will be high on my to-do list in the new year.

I stole some cool pictures that Mathew took at the Phoenix show that I'm going to intersperse between my banter. I'm still on a Phoenix-binge as a result of that show.

I went on a field trip today. Better than the average Monday for sure. A lot of it was outside (cold!) and I'm exhausted from all of that fresh air. Does that happen to you?



The picture below shows the end of the show when the band allowed people to come up onto the stage. It was a fun moment.


I've been thinking about my top 10 favouritest albums of 2009. I've got the list worked out (I think), and I'll be posting it soon, I hope. Hmmm, you should all take bets on what will be in my list. 2009 was a great year for albums. There was some great stuff that didn't even make my list.



Oh, and can you believe it'll be a new decade soon? Gah, I'm not going to do any best of the whatever this decade's called 'cuz it's too much brainwork.


Tomorrow I have a half day workshop in the morning. Will have to make a trip to Starbucks on the way there to make it through.

Also, I gotta share this brilliant Phoenix video that my buddy rawbean shared with me. It's totally summarizes what's making me happy these days: dreaming of Paris + listening to Phoenix.

Phoenix - 1901 - A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.

You can check out more of their Take Away series here. I think it's brilliant how great they sound in random Paris locations. I love the one on the bus. And, I developed a total crush on the lead singer as a result of Saturday's show. Now, he's a little bit more awkward close up than he was from my standing view at the concert, but I do like the geeky awkward boy with messy hair. And he's Parisian and he sings. He can be my Paris boyfriend. I'm going to need one since I go there so often, ha-ha.

Happy Tuesday folks!

7 comments:

-jason- said...

yay trips.

i don't know about all 10 of your favoritest albums of the year... but i'm almost positive the metric album will be on the list. am i right? i guess we'll see.

rawbean said...

Oh my god I love that the song is Phoenix in Paris and the post is about Paris and Phoenix! yay!

Claire RAoKmonkey said...

Paris! Woot! :D

Cxx

Miss Ash said...

I love Paris as well, I've been twice but unlike you it was oh a good 10 years apart lol! I'm soooo excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

Paris a la spring, c'est bonne.

Don't mind the bad french, it's the best I could come up with. I went to Paris in the spring once, it was amazing, the best time to go!

Jocelyn said...

WHAT!! I am SO excited for you I can't even explain. The guy in the music video is extremely cute as well.

Aaron said...

Twice in LESS than a year! sounds like fun!

2009 really was a great album year, I'll have to spend some time thinking about this as well.