Yet another post of randomness.
1) Overall my weekend was very relaxing, and I didn't check off nearly enough from my to-do list, but oh well, I work better under pressure.
2) Next week is going to be Busy (note the capital B), so I doubt I'll be posting. Unless I'm so stressed that I just need to let it all out, which in that case, expect a post.
3) On Saturday, I took the Go Train to Burlington for a surprise bday party for my friend Wendy. The surprise part of it was a bit fail, because she was a little bit early and could see people running around the house, but she had a good time. Part of the surprise was that we took her to a studio for belly-dancing lessons, which isn't my thing, but it was actually very fun.
4) I had been telling another friend about the belly-dancing, and she's planning to take lessons in the new year. It's pretty good exercise, and rather fun, and would be a good way to put some variety in the ol' fitness routine.
5) As I was on the train home from Burlington, I made a playlist of all of my fave songs from my fave album list in my previous post. If any of you would like me to burn you a copy, email your address to christielli123@gmail.com. I won't have time to make copies and mail them 'til the end of the holidays, but I'll get them out in the new year if you are interested.
6) I should go to bed but I really don't feel like it because I am not really looking forward to this week, even though it's the last one before Christmas holidays. I'll survive it somehow, I'm sure. I always do.
Bonus #7 - After writing this post, I picked up "The Glass Castle" which I am currently re-reading. I read it a few years ago, enjoyed it, and saw that the author (Jeannette Walls) has a new book out. Anyway, I totally forget this book, hence the desire to re-read it. I just came across a passage that I have to share with you all. It's about one the of teachers that the author has while going to elementary school in Battle Mountain Nevada in the late 60s/early 70s.
"Miss Page had gotten the ax when the principal caught her toting a loaded rifle down the school hall. Miss Page said all she wanted to do was motivate her students to do their homework. "
And with that, have a great week!
4 comments:
You know I'm requesting one of those mixes, right?
Cxx
Okay we need more details about the belly dancing!! Can you wear comfy clothes sans belly showing....is it hard?
I've heard belly dancing is great for getting the body back in shape after birthing.
I have a friend that composes music for a belly dancing troop. You can now expect a cd in the mail.
Post a Comment