Thursday, February 11, 2010

What's going to happen to...

...all of my old-school retro past-times like knitting and reading books now that I've got this silly iPhone?

I spent tonight installing apps like CBC Radio, the NFB, an Olympic guide, the Globe and Mail, Bejewelled, and Bubble Wrap. So addictive! Am I ever going to finish another book again? Or knit another pair of mittens?

And now I'm up past my bedtime again. Oh well. Tomorrow's sort of like a Friday to me. Friday's a PD day. And I always bring my knitting on PD days. I should get a good part of a mitten done.

Then on Friday, I'm off to St. Ratford to visit the 'rents, and party with some members of the Group of 9. I'm the youngest member of the Group of 9, and the rest of them seem to be more than ready to send me into the next decade of my life. I look forward to it.

7 comments:

Name said...

Boo to Bejewelled...Bubble wrap, now you're talking my language.

Apps are boss. Especially when free.

An advance welcome to your 30s to you. Get ready to start pondering retirement, critical illness, and bad knees.

P.S. Put your iPhone down and get to work/bed/reading/whatever it is that you did before Alice came into the picture.

wigsf said...

put down the iphone, real life has no download times

s said...

Wish I was one of eight wishing you a happy 30th this weekend! I will defiantly be thinking of you though.
Now we sit back and laugh at the first one to be 40 :)

Claire said...

Yay for bejwelled and iPhones!

Oh, and boo to me. I have your gift. Right here.

FAIL.

A 30th package will be on its way before your 31st, honest!

Cxx

PS Matthew's working on our Skype connection!

PPS My word verification was chap ho. Like an Edwardian pimp.

rawbean said...

Ohh man I gotta get an iphone pronto - no no I must wait until the time is right. But I'm so curious to know what bubble wrap is!

yrautca said...

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll. For whatever reason my blog, as old as it is, has the fewest readers.

iPhone novelty will fade in time. I was hooked too and then gradually you kind of get used to it. The worst part is being connnected to the internet 24/7.

Miss Ash said...

See I don't even know what aps are......I only use my phone to make calls and inappropriately text people after a few beverages. Do they have an ap to prevent that LOL!

Happy Early Birthday!