Welcome to it's almost the weekend folks!
I've been doing a lot of Olympics watching the past few days, and I tell you, it's still rocking my world. So much so that I have to use one of Claire's favourite terms, win, to describe everything.
7-3 men's hockey game against the Russians. Win. Gold and Silver in women's bobsleigh. Win. Silver in short track women's relay. Win. Bronze in the 5 K by Clara Hughes. Win. Gold medal for the women's hockey team. Win. Bronze medal in figure skating by the amazing and strong Joannie Rochette. Win.
So much win. And still a few days to come.
And this weekend is offering up a lot of win too.
Tomorrow, I get to see my beloved Jack's Mannequin in concert with my pal Mathew. Yes, I am aware of their emo-y teenager appeal, but who can say no to a cute boy who wears Chucks and rocks the piano? And the songs are so sing alongable. And their shows are great. This will be Jack's show #2 for me, and I'm excited.
On Saturday, I have a birthday party for a one-year old which should be fun.
On Sunday, hopefully I'll be watching another gold-medal hockey game, and then I'm going out for dinner, maybe to one of my fave restaurants.
I'll leave you with a Jack's video. I know it's emo-y, but it's good for the soul to listen to a bit of emo, I believe. You really need to feed your inner teenager sometimes.
p.s. At the end of this video, there's all this falling glitter, and it makes me happy. I think this is why I'm a successful high school teacher; I can identify with their tastes. Well at least the tastes of the girls. As with the boys, they seem to like my humour, so it's all good. Actually, wait, I can identify with their tastes too. Today some of them were blasting "Zombie" by the Cranberries in the hall and I had to take care of that situation by telling that I felt like I had traveled back in time to my own high school.
p.p.s Rambling p.s. out. Happy weekend bloggers and readers!
6 comments:
This post is full of win. Especially the PS - loving that!
Cxx
I am loving the Olympics. I don’t watch the skating usually but last night was unbelieveable. The gold medalist performance was surreal. And Joannie Rochette just stole my heart. What grace in the face of such loss. Saw the pics of the Canadian women hockey team drinking beer and smoking cigars. Canada-US men final would be epic. This weekend I am making future plans.
Yes it was another big day for Canada. Even though all of our athletes have preformed very well, the Olympics as a whole will still be seen as a failure if we don't win men's hockey gold, and that's kind of sad.
Go Team Canada! :)
What is up with the Galapogos? We haven't lost gold yet! We will totally win!
hope the concert is/was good.
i'm sending some luck to team canada tonight since the americans punched their ticket to the gold medal game sunday earlier.
canada has really made a big move with the medals this past week. it's been pretty exciting to see.
Woo for weekends!
you forgot Saturday curling?!! haha go Canada!
Post a Comment