Monday, June 14, 2010

It's the one thing you can count on.

First of all, I never really have bad days. All in all my work days are rad and provide me with many great moments, even though there are often moments of annoyance sprinkled among them.

Today I had lots of moments of annoyance. At this time of year, everyone's emotions are running a little bit high: kids are stressed out with culminating projects and exams, and teachers are stressed with marking and end-of-year stuff. To top it all of, I'm running student council elections single-handedly, and that's something that brings up emotions, and even some nastiness, in the kids.

Anyway, after a long evening of reviewing speeches and preparing ballots, I made my way home. I had to stop at Shoppers' for some stuff, and was dismayed that they no longer were carrying my fave kind of shave gel nor my fave type of aluminum-free deodorant.

By the time I got home I was in a pretty grumpy mood. However, instead of sitting on the couch and watching something pointless on TV, I got out my City of Toronto bike map, figured out a new route, and went on an awesome bike ride. I feel sooooo much better now!

And, I'm also streaming the new Stars album, The Five Ghosts, on their website. Go to www.youarestars.com and launch the music player. I'm loving it so far, and can't wait until I get it in on my iPod next week!

I guess the moral of today's story is bike rides and streaming wonderful new albums are a cure for June annoyances.

8 comments:

rawbean said...

I like the new blog design!

I would like to know what kind of deodorant you use that is aluminum free. I've given up on trying to find a good one. Let me know!

Shoppers is always sketchy about what it carries. London Drugs is so much more reliable!

AlieMalie said...

sorry you had an off day. i hope your totally rad summer makes up for it!

i was bummed when US stores stopped selling my fave aluminum free deodorant (made by, of all companies, adidas) but quickly found a replacement by Tom's of Maine - and while not a ton of places carry it in store, it's super easy to buy online. their long lasting stuff has aluminum in it, but their normal, everyday stuff doesn't. works like a charm.

and now i'll pretend i didn't just go off regarding deodorant - but it's such a pain when they don't have what you want!

hope the rest of the week is super!

wigsf said...

So, you will very shortly become both hairy and smelly.
Oh, that's hot.

Unknown said...

That sounds like a great way to blitz away the blues.

My way yesterday was Butch. He blitzed my blues good and proper.

Hope today is better for you xx

Jabba said...

Okay, I LOVE this post.
1. You never have bad days, just days with small annoying moments. Such a great way to look at things!
2. I want to know the name of that deodorant too!
3. Instead of tv you turned to something else! Yay!
4. Stars have a new album out?! YESS!!

Princess Pessimism said...

NEW Blog background....howd you do it. I still havent lookind into changing it.

galapogos said...

I'll wait for the CD to come out before I listen to it, I'm old school like that.

Yay for bike rides!

Miss Ash said...

I read that wrong I thought you said you loved the new "Star Wars" album I was like huh LOL?? Then I thought of that Star Wars live show coming up.....good lord!

Glad the bike ride put a smile on your face!!