Sunday, June 13, 2010

Summer Goals

I had a fabulous weekend with lost of sleep, food, shopping, and fun. The weather was a bit rainy and dreary, but whatevs, it didn't really bring me down.

Anyway, I'm two weeks and a couple days, I think, from summer vacation. I've really gotta check my work calendar to see what the actual last day is. No matter what the exact day, summer's coming close, and I gotta figure out what I'm going to do with my time. This summer won't be as busy as most, but I am looking forward to some down time, spending time with fave people, and regaining some good habits, because it seems like all I have is bad habits these days.

The good habits that I'd like to regain this summer are:

1) Ride my bike at least 5 times per week. (When in Toronto, obvs.)

2) Go to yoga three times a week. Maybe branch out into other fitness classes too.

3) Eat healthier. Lots of fruits, veggies, (healthy) Starbucks, Subway, and sushi, usually make me feel much much better as opposed to junk food.

4) Eat out less. This one's hard 'cuz socializing usually means a lot of eating out.

5) Cook more. That'll help me with #4.

6) Read more. I haven't finished a book in FOREVER.

7) Try new things. I don't specifically know what new stuff I want to try, but I need to branch out of my safety zone more often. Summer's good for that.

I'm now to go to curl up in bed with the book I've been reading FOREVER. It'd be nice to add another finished book to my sidebar.

p.s. Just started playing around with blogger's new (to me at least) template designer. I think I like this look, but it's so easy to change, this blog might become makeover city!!!

7 comments:

Aaron said...

oooh nice template!

3 yogas and 5 bike rides? phys-ed as a new teachable for Sept? hope the last few weeks go well!

AlieMalie said...

i *love* your new template!

your summer, even if it is less busy than previous summers, sounds like a lot of fun! especially with the bike!

(also, weird coincidence? the captcha for this comment is "thenest" - strrrrrrrrrrrange, especially with the birds!)

Unknown said...

Your blog is looking really nice.

And my WV is "outin" which seems to fit with your summer plans which sound pretty darned great.

wigsf said...

This new template is very Johnathan Livingstone Seagull.

Miss Ash said...

It reminds of The Birds LOL!

Sounds like a healthy fun summer you have planned there. And seriously.....you don't know when school is out??? Pfff it would be etched in my brain for sure!!

-jason- said...

holy new layout batman. pretty striking. seems like everyone's been doing a bit of sprucing up on their blogs. i'm also working on switching to a new web host hopefully by the end of the week.

glad you had a good weekend!

rawbean said...

Oh thank god I'm not the only one that hasn't finished a book lately. I've seriously got like three on the go right now. I need to finish one already but the bachelorette is on soon and well, you know how that goes.....sigh. Are you watching?