Thursday, June 17, 2010

Volcano girls, we really can't be beat.

In lieu of a post about something truly profound and thought-provoking, here's a list of things I like these days.

1) iTunes just played "Volcano Girls" by Veruca Salt, which is one of my face songs from the 90s. I remember buying the album "8 Arms to Hold You" quite vividly. It was on a day where I got a promotion for my crappy high school job. I also remember driving around blasting this song with friends from high school at about this time of year. Thanks for the memories, iTunes.


2) I really like this Coconut hand soap that I bought at Bath and Body Works. I think I have to go back and get other stuff in this scent 'cuz it's yummy.

3) This weekend I did some shopping at Urban Outfitters and saw this awesome owl pillow that I decided that I'd buy if it was on sale. It was! Rilo likes to chill by it.


4) I also picked up this sweater, which I've worn twice this week 'cuz I really like it.

5) I also like that I can see the end of marking in sight. I got a lot of end of term projects marked today. I have about four more sets of term-marking to do, exams, and that's it. I have a lot of loose ends to tie up next week, but finally, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting really really close!

6) I like that I have things to look forward to this weekend. Tomorrow night, there's a free NXNE show at Dundas Square with Said the Whale, K-Os, and Sloooo-oooooooan! Free Sloan! Is there anything sweeter? Nope!

7) The second thing to look forward to this weekend is that I'm heading to St. Ratford on Saturday. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to see my friend Sandra and her new baby. There's a G9 (my newest short form for the Group of Nine) pool party happening too which will be a blast.

And, I'm going to give my dad the iTouch that I got for free with my Mac, so I'm looking forward to hooking him up with some cool music. I think I will begin by alt-country-ing him out with some Neko Case, Kathleen Edwards, and Joel Plaskett. I could see my dad digging them. Before you know it, he'll be the most musically-cool dad on the block! Oh and that's not even his Father's Day gift! I shipped him the customary box of books that I ordered online, which got there yesterday, and he's happily devouring a tome about Napoleon. High fives for eccentric dads!

8) I would also like it if my blog buddies had nice weekends, so go hook yourselves up with that! :)

5 comments:

AlieMalie said...

your dad sounds awesome! i hope he has a great weekend with you!

Claire said...

G9 pool party? Sounds awesome! Also, yay for itunes bringing back the memories - love when that happens!

Cxx

wigsf said...

Not to sound all "My dad can beat up your dad" but my dad is the most musically cool dad around. My dad's iPods are all loaded with Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds. And I'm talking b-sides and stuff like that.

Princess Pessimism said...

Thats so nice of you to hook your dad up like that!!! I gave my dad an ipod for his bday - in January - hes just learning how to put music onto it....

Jabba said...

Rilo looks like Ziggy the Bad Room Mate!!
It must be so exciting yet hard to push through these last few weeks of school with the entire summer to look forward to!! I'm anxious to see your blog posts for the next couple months.
I never did buy the Veruca Salt album, but I totally remember the song and loved it.