Thursday, July 01, 2010

At 3 am, they play Oh Canada.

Happy Canada Day everyone!

This afternoon, I'm going to check out the Broken Social Scene movie "This Movie is Broken" and then go for dinner. It will make for a very Canadian day since I'll be watching a Canadian movie, eating at a local restaurant owned by Canadians, and I'm sure I'll make a Tim Horton's run at some point today.

I've been enjoying the start of my summer a lot. On Thursday night, we had a very nice graduation ceremony for my favourite graduating class ever. I'm going to miss those kids a lot. After grad, I went out for dinner with four of my favourite work friends, and that dinner morphed into a very late and very fun night. I needed one of those.

Yesterday was our year-end party and now I'm stress free for two whole months. I love it!

Well, I'm going to go for a bike ride this morning and then head out. I will leave you with my annual Canada Day tradition: listening to this song at least once.

8 comments:

wigsf said...

How can you be sure the restaurant is actually owned by a Canadian? (Or multiple Canadians?) Especially with the ease of obtaining dual citizenship these days, it's very possible that the owners could have citizenships with other nations.

Jabba said...

Woo hoo! Two months off!!

Guess where I am this Canada Day - at work. Yes....BUT. It's a crappy cloudy and probably showering day out here and I get to take tomorrow off instead to have a three day stretch of weekend. So it's not so bad.

Have a great weekend full of bike rides, great friends and lots of sun!

AlieMalie said...

I'm celebrating Canada Day by taking the day off from my American job.

Hope you have a phenomenal day!!

Unknown said...

Happy Canada Day!

And hurrah for two months off!

xx

-jason- said...

Happy Canada Day!!! And such a nice day outside too!

galapogos said...

Happy Canada Day!

The Grunt said...

I'll take the US's "Happy Exploding Christmas Day" thankyouverymuch!

Princess Pessimism said...

HORRAY!!! HAPPY CANADA DAY!