I have a mishmash of things to post about, so instead of a coherent post about one topic, here's bunch of random stuff, yet again.
1) I'm staying up late doing laundry because that's how I party it up during summer vacay. As I was taking a load out of the washer, I came across a pair of strange man's underpants in amongst my stuff. I guess that's one of the joys of sharing laundry facilities: people don't always check if they leave stuff in the washers and I don't check before I start, although I might start that practice now. Blah. Oh well, at least they were most likely clean before they came into contact with my laundry; unless some strange dude is breaking into my apartment and leaving his underwear in amongst my laundry. Ew.
2) The answer to my mail riddle from my previous post is that the letter to the UK arrived first, then the one to Winnipeg, and finally the one to Etobicoke, which is basically the west end of Toronto. Well done Canada Post.
3) I had such a lovely Friday in honour of my friend Jane's birthday. I was totally playing the role of a rich lady who lunches and I liked it. We had lunch at a posh downtown restaurant thanks to the reasonable prix fixe as a result of Summerlicious. The food was excellent and I had a great glass of wine. Check out the presentation of my dessert which was a cherry pudding with vanilla ice cream. It was amazing.
After lunch we headed to the luxury of the spa. We had enough time to relax in the whirlpool before having massages. I was so relaxed after lunch and the spa brought me to a new level of relaxation.
4) The rest of my weekend was pretty lazy. I did see "Despicable Me" which I really liked.
5) Tomorrow I'm driving Miss Rilo to my parents' house so they can take care of her while I'm on my trip. It's so funny to think that last year, my dad was really against Rilo staying with them, and now he asks me "when's Rilo going to come visit next?" She loves being at my parents'; she just hates the car ride there.
Anyway, my laundry is done now, so I should go to bed. I want to be on the road by 10 am, which is an early appointment for me to keep on vacay!
9 comments:
ha ha, ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!
Any good shows coming up for you? I'm seeing We Are Scientists tomorrow night. I don't know if I should admit this, but I think this is the first show I've seen in a year when I saw Social D last July.
I want to see Despicable Me just for the little yellow dudes alone.
I hear you on the early start conundrum! I'm aiming to get into school for half-nine/ten this morning and I swear, it's like dealing with a toddler - I'll do anything to wriggle out of it!
Cxx
That dessert looks so yummy.
I hope the road trip goes well, it sounds mega.
1 - Or maybe that strange man you invited over to take off his underpants (and then do strange things sans underpants) left his underpants with your then soiled laundry.
2 - I always think it's best to not try to understand the inner workings of the postal system. Ever heard the term "going postal?"
3 - Summerlicious doesn't work for me. Never has. I have to order what I want when I eat out. Also, from anecdotal evidence, the service for anybody there specifically for Summerlicious is often bad. My sister does the Summer and Winter liciouses every year. Always comes back with horror stories.
4 - What's the deal with the little Kinder Egg capsule guys?
5 - I'll avoid commenting on this point because the only things I can think of are rude and crude. Have a fun trip.
I want to see Inception. Have you heard anything?
That ice cream looks so delicious! And you know I have to comment about the laundry. I did three loads last night in the comfort of my own home....sigh.
Oh the woes of sharing laundry. I think something like that happened to me once, but it was a tea towel, not underwear.
The same thing happens with my in-laws and Ziggy, I swear they ask us if we're planning any trips just so they can find out if they get Ziggy.
EWWW to strangers underwear mixed with your stuff. What if he pooped his pants...or WORSE. (insert gag here...)
Where did you go for lunch for summerlicious???
Yummmmm! That presentation IS spectacular! I love Summerlicious/Winterlicious!
Have a fantastic trip!
Post a Comment