On my way home, I had the bright idea of renting some movies. The store had a 3 for $15 sale, so I rented three movies. After coming home and passing out on the couch for a few hours, I managed to get through "The Social Network" which was pretty good. It probably deserves a re-watch for when I'm less out of it.
Saturday was another complete write-off. I slept a lot but managed to get out of the house to pick up some sushi for dinner, wander around Indigo for a bit, and treat myself to a Second Cup white hot chocolate. After that, I considered watching one of my other movies, but felt more like reading. I got a bunch of books for Christmas, and I'm halfway through a couple of them, but I was missing reading on my Kindle. I spent some time looking for something new to read and settled on Jeffrey Eugenides' "The Virgin Suicides". I really enjoyed his book "Middlesex". Anyway, this book is rather macabre, but really well written so I'm hooked on it.
Today I lazed in bed, read, and then packed up my marking to meet up with Fea at our usual marking spot for the third Sunday in a row. The pile never shrinks, I tell you. As we were marking, and older gentleman came up to me and said "that was the part of the job I hated the most." It turned out that he was a retired science teacher from the high school down the street from my place. Man, I can't wait for the day where I can spend my wintery Sunday afternoons in a coffee shop doing Sudoku puzzles instead of marking optics tests. That will be the life.
Anyway, now I'm half-heartedly watching the Golden Globes while doing dishes and laundry. I should being doing some more schoolwork too, but I can't bring myself to.
This is going to be a very busy week. It's the last week of the semester, and my Spanish course starts on Wednesday. Also, my pal Jolene might be crashing at my place one night since she's in town for work. I'm glad that I'm feeling better for it, but I wish I could have gotten more accomplished this weekend other than out-sleeping Rilo. But I guess it's better to get better as opposed to getting more run-down, right? Oh, and I still have two movies to watch!
Well, this is a pretty dull post. I've been thinking that this blog needs more photographs. Maybe that's a little project I can work on in the near future. Hope you all have a great week!
7 comments:
Hope you're feeling better! No fun to be sick over a weekend.
I always hated wasting a good weekend on a cold or flu, but then again, it is good to get it out of the way and not have a busy week bogged down with constant napping.
all in all, i would say you had a pretty cozy weekend!! i hope you feel better soon. it's always crazy how intensely horrible and uncomfortable a "small" cold can make you feel.
Yes, hope for good weeks all around. Everybody needs a good week right now.
I hope you are all better now! It sucks to be sick on your time off, it feels so wasteful. I really liked The Social Network, only for the Aaron Sorkin aspect of it. Without him, I wouldn't have even watched it.
People gave you books for Christmas when you had just bought yourself a Kindle? Crazy! My weekend was a write-off too - we went out in a rain storm to see an Imax film, got there and they were just taping a sign to the door that said "Imax is broken". Tried to go for sushi but everything is closed on Sundays in Victoria! No sushi and no Imax, we just went back home.
Feel better!
Post a Comment