I'm having a bit of a internet nerd moment this evening.
I noticed that Neko Case (one of my favourite musicians) tweeted that a song by the band Camera Obscura (awesome name) was making her cry while she was on the treadmill.
I looked up the song, and it is awesome! Then, I tweeted to her to thank her for introducing me to the song and she tweeted back! SIGH. You gotta love when the internet allows you to interact with your favourite musicians.
I took a screen capture of the tweet so I can remember it forever. Ha-ha. But seriously, she's one of my favourite people ever!

Here is the video of the song. It is amazing. I used an iTunes gift card (from Christmas actually) to buy the album. It'll make for good train ride listening this weekend, I'm sure. Oh, the video takes place in Paris, so j'adore. Also, I would like a swan sweater like the lead singer wears. And a purple scarf. Although I don't think I could pull off wearing a scarf like that.
I got Hey Rosetta!'s new album for my birthday. I LOVE IT. I am so excited to see them next week! The opening track on the album is incredible. Give it a listen if you are so inclined.
I also got Jenn Grant's new album. I haven't listened to it yet because I've been consumed with Hey Rosetta! but I am looking forward to getting acquainted with it on the train. The video for the lead single is super cute... I love the colourful houses in Halifax. And Jenn's pink coat and rubber boots.
Oh, one more album note, Christine Fellows' latest album, "Femmes de Chez Nous" is really great too. I've had it for awhile but neglected to blog about it. She's from Winnipeg. This song is one of my favourites from the album. I love how it tells a story.
Wow, I don't think I've music-geeked out like this for awhile on a post. Yay for music. Any great stuff that you are listening to lately?
9 comments:
I'm often amazed at you and rawbean for loving music so much. Unfortunately, I dont get into it much anymore. Guess I'm old. But I sampled all the videos and they are all pretty good.
I liked the Christine Fellows song! Probably because she's from Winnipeg!
I really like your music geek posts and will have a proper checking out of all the stuff mentioned later this evening when I can give them a thorough listening to.
The new Adele single is a treat...waiting for the album to drop later this month is like waiting for summer. Adele arrives sooner.
So much potential, so so much...
Okay I'm going to check all of this out. At home where I have a normal computer that will allow me to listen. I'm so dry with music these days - I'm listening to old Stars albums.
I didn't particularily love the first song but I did LOVE the video!!! Paris is just so darn beautiful, I absolutely love it there!
Loving it, sweetie. Can't wait to musicgeek out with you in a month!
Cxx
i dont really use social networking like twitter...but I never thought about it that way - that you can talk to your favorite stars or whatever!! That is sort of very cool!
Post a Comment