Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Sing, cry, or bang your head against the wall.

I wanted to write about how I've been feeling an overwhelming amount of positivity in my life lately.

BUT... I've been on the phone with a telecommunications company for over an hour and a half because I noticed that they combined my account with someone else's account.  It's really messed up.  AND I hadn't used my Kobo in awhile and it won't charge up.  Grrrr....

Really though, these little things are not important and I have to get back to the overwhelming positivity that's in my life right now.

As my friend Nigel said to me as we were enjoying the outdoors at the leadership camp I was at on Wed/Thurs/Fri of last week: "in life, you have choices... either sing, cry, or bang your head against the wall."  I think I'll sing.  :)

I had a great time at this camp I went to.  The kids were fabulous.  Work-wise, it was a super-relaxing couple of days, except for having to stay up until 2:30 am at night ensuring no one sneaked out of their rooms.  I had some good times with great colleagues, like during one afternoon when we sat on a porch overlooking a valley with gorgeous fall foliage and we all gasped because there was a SLIGHT breeze.  Oh the humanity.  Another time, I told my friend Nigel that I'd seen the kids mixing chocolate milk with orange/passionfruit juice and we dared each other to do it.  It was rather nasty.

I also had a really nice long weekend.  Well, when I got home from camp on Friday night, I was in bed before ten pm because I was exhausted.  On Saturday, I took the train to Stratford for Thanksgiving.  I had a nice dinner out with my pal Vern, and spent some nice time with my parents on Sunday, including winning two out of three cribbage matches with my dad.  On Monday, I came back to Toronto for a nice fall run in the cemetery, and then I went to see Frankenweenie which was a great movie!  I highly recommend it, especially if you are a big Tim Burton fan.  It was goth-tastic.

I'm sitting here STILL ON HOLD with the telecommunications company.  Going on two hours. 

I've got some fun stuff coming up this weekend. A party, a baptism, a concert, and my first Kenya meeting.  I'm looking forward to it all.

And yay for short weeks!

4 comments:

wigsf3 said...

Here's your problem. Somebody set your iPhone to evil.

Jabba said...

Yay for short weeks for sure! I love crib with the parents, it's been ages sine I had a chance to have a game with mine,

Miss Ash said...

Every time I hear the name Nigel I think about that 80's song "Making plans for Nigel" and it makes me giggle!

My fav season is summer however I also think the leaves in the fall are absolutely stunning especially the red ones...beautiful!

Unknown said...

It sounds like you are getting the balance pretty right at the moment. Its good to hear.