I am so busy these days. I have so much going on at school it's not funny. The talent show, student council dinner, a toy drive, and being a Secret Elf are taking up my time. It's insane. On Friday after school I'm going to come home and collapse I know it.
You might be wondering what being a Secret Elf entails. This year as a staff Christmas Cheer initiative, we could put our names in a box and take someone else's name. This week, we would have to do something nice every day for our Secret Elves and ours would do the same for us.
I actually pulled a good friend's name out of the box, so I'm having extra fun with it.
On Monday, I sent a dance crew of kids to his room to dance for him, but he was stressed out and sent them away. (They were pretending they had to borrow something and I think he threw them off.) So instead, I wrote him a poem, and ran to Starbucks to get him his favourite Christmas drink.
On Tuesday I wrapped his classroom door in Christmas paper and put a big bow on it.
Today I took the Secret Elf award, I think. I rewrote the lyrics to "Frosty the Snowman" and "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" with his name in the titles and with lyrics referring to him. My period one class practiced singing these songs for three days, and today I sent them (wearing mardi gras masks to protect their identities) to his room to sing the songs for him. For the second song, I provided antlers and a flashing nose to put on him as they sang the song. One kid videotaped the shenanigan for me, so I got to see afterwards. It was hilarious. I win.
For tomorrow I found a huge cardboard box that used to hold water canteens and has 36 compartments in it. There is a small gift in one compartment (covered in newspaper) and the rest of the compartments are filled with newspaper with messages like "Epic Fail!", "You Lose", "Try Again" and "Bonus Candy Cane!" in them. I have wrapped up this box in pretty paper and I'm sending a kid dressed in a Santa Suit to deliver it.
On Friday, I've giving him a framed picture of a bunch of us in our Halloween costumes.
I think I'm a good elf. It helps that I have an army of students behind me. You can tell I have connections among the kids, eh?
Anyway, in amongst this, I also decided that for 2013, I'm getting a personal trainer. I've put down the down payment for six months of sessions. It's costly, but I really want to build muscle and kick ass, and I know I need someone kicking my ass to accomplish this. I'm rather excited but I'm going to enjoy a lazy holiday with lots of unhealthy food before the program starts.
Random - this is one of my favourite Christmas songs.
6 comments:
Holy CRAP! I always think I'm busy at Christmas but you take the cake. I like the Secret Elf idea! How fun that you got your friend.
Instead of the usual secret santa thing, we picked a local charity. Everyone donated ten bucks (I put in twenty) and some non-perishable food stuff. We ended up buying a gift for each member of a single mom family with two kids. Plus my company is putting in $150 gift card at a grocery store.
It felt good to be part of it.
you are the best secret elf i've ever heard of.
The best.
Best elf ever. I'm just miffed you didn't get the Deej! Good luck with the personal trainer - you are going to do so well :)
You have too much free time.
Oh my goodness. I love your secret elf shenanigans.
Post a Comment