For posterity's sake, I always like to save my annual reading and concert lists
to this blog. I used Goodreads to take screenshots of the 31 books
that I read in 2013. They are in reverse order from last read to first read.
Of the books I read, I'm going to pick the top five most amazing reads of the group (in no order).
- Salt, Sugar, Fat by Michael Moss (an amazing look into how the food industry manipulates the consumer to make unhealthy choices)
- February by Lisa Moore (an amazing novel about loss)
- My Maasai Life by Robin Wiszowaty (a fascinating book about how a woman immerses herself in Massai culture in Kenya)
- The Spark by Kristine Barnett (a story of how a mother was able to help her son escape a grave diagnosis of non-verbal autism, to become a physics genius as a teenager)
- A House in the Sky by Amanda Lindhout (a gripping read about how a young woman goes from being an avid adventure traveler to being kidnapped by extremists in Somalia for 460 days)



1 comment:
This is awesome. We so have the same taste in books. I was thinking about what book was my favourite in 2013, I'll have to re-cap.
February was on my mind since it was on Canada Reads and The Silent Wife is high on my list too.
Post a Comment