So quickly in fact, that I didn't even have time to blog about it.
I had a rather productive weekend. My marking was neglected, but I got to household chores like laundry, taking down my Christmas decorations (a little late), grocery shopping, cooking food for healthy lunches all week, and even giving my fridge a good scrubbing. I was pleased.
Of course, I got up to a lot of fun too. And, I found out that my idea of a 31-day fast from alcohol, was well, maybe not doable at this time. I wanted to detox after an indulgent holiday season, and also felt like 31 days without a drink could help me with my health and fitness goals.
But then my colleagues organized a fun dinner/drinks after school on Friday, and I'll be honest, it had been a long dramatic week at work. My best intentions were vanquished, and there I was having beer, a burger, and then a fried Mars bar at a Scottish pub. (I'm really excellent at making the most of my sanctioned cheat meals.) It was all needed.
On Saturday, in between all of the household chores, I got my nails done, and then went to see the movie Frozen with my friend Elaine. It was rather adorable. Go see it if you need a nice little fairy tale with a funny snowman as comic relief.
On Sunday, the thought of going to the gym displeased my soul, so I laced my up my runners and decided to brave an outdoor run. It had warmed up over the weekend, but there was still lots of ice and slush leftover from the yucky winter weather. Most stretches of the sidewalk on main streets were pretty clear, but there were areas, such as the sidewalks by the cemetery, that were awful, and I had to stop running and walk over ice covered with slush and water. My feet got soaked. However, overall it was a pretty good run, and it was my official first run in my half-marathon training program. Crazy to think that after that easy & slow 4.8 km, I'll work my way up to 21.1 km by May!
My pal Mathew needed to go a mall out in the suburbs (Vaughn Mills) to return something, so I went with him just for fun. And, even if my self control is lacking when it comes to alcohol, I managed to leave the mall with only spending $8 on a new water bottle and root beer candies. Yay me!
I wasted my Sunday night watching the Golden Globes. Meh.
And then I survived this Monday. Four more days until the next weekend.
2 comments:
When you fall off the bandwagon you might as well fall hard right? I can't imagine what the Mars bar is like...?
Oh my on your cheat meal. I had a deep fried mars bar on my birthday last year. It was yum. :)
Post a Comment