A couple of nights ago I was bored and searching through iTunes for some new stuff. I came across a 2002 compilation by Nettwerk called "For the Kids". It has some fun stuff on it. I got "The Rainbow Connection" sung by Sarah McLachlan and "La la la la lemon" by the Barenaked Ladies. Does anyone remember that song from Sesame Street? It was a bit sung by Ernie and Bert. Hilarious. I love it.
So I've survived 2/5ths or 40% of my week. Now, 2 of my 3 classes are still really good but my 4th period class is quite the challenge. They were especially bad yesterday, so my assistant and I really came down hard on them today. Honestly! Can they not grow up? I hate having to be bitchy. Argh. Anyway, they were better today, so hopefully some bitchiness will train them and I can go back to being my sweet self.
I'm excited because the English dept. has decided to start a book club. I've always wanted to
join a book club! I think the goal is to read one book per semester (we're teachers so most of our time is spent marking, not reading...) and we're supposed to do one fiction and one non-fiction book. We're supposed to make some suggestions. Hmmm, I pretty much read everything that I want to, so I really can't think of something off the top of my head. I hope they don't pick something I've read before, I'd really like to read something new. Suggestions anyone?
(Aside - April, I'm reading "Shake Hands with the Devil" right now and finding it fascinating. Have you seen the documentary? My roomie's bf is going to lend it to me...)
In other news, tonight is the finale of Rockstar: INXS. I hope JD wins because he is Canadian and, let's face it, he's the edgiest of the three and therefore the most rock-and-roll. I'm pretty sure they'll pick Marty. I have a friend who says that Marty looks like a serial killer - I tend to agree. I'm still sad they offed Suzie though.
Before I watch that, I have other rock-n-roll business to attend to. In A Coma, Matthew Good's best-of collection, is out today. Apparently it's only $22.99 at FutureShop. Now, I do own pretty much every MG(B) CD (I think I'm missing one EP) so the collection isn't really necessary for me, but there are two new songs on it plus it comes with a second disc with acoustic reworkings of selected songs and some rarities PLUS a DVD with the collected music videos. I love when artists put out best-of collections that have enough candy to make it worthwhile for fans who already have the collected works.
So off I go to bask in the glow of commercialism!
No comments:
Post a Comment