Monday, September 26, 2005

Wake me up when September ends...

...although it is coming quickly to an end... I resolved that I'd have to give that title to a post in September, and honestly, I thought I'd be thinking that much sooner than this. Even though September has really been too busy for me to complain too much.

Anyhow, the rest of my weekend was good. Saturday was busy. After getting to bed at much past 3 am, I met up with TB and FF for brunch. Then FF and I went shopping on Queen St. where I bought a new purse and a new iPod case! It's black and has sparkly silver stars on it. I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it... Then we met up with a friend from Stratford who was in town and did some more shopping at the Eaton Centre. I got home at about 8 pm and I was absolutely exhausted. I could barely stay awake while watching Desparate Housewives DVDs that evening.

On Sunday, I went to the "Word on the Street" book festival at Queen's Park. This is actually the first year that I've attended. It's super cool - goodness knows why I've always missed it. I got three books for my dad for Christmas, a bag of Canadian fiction for $5 and some super cool subway station buttons from a magazine (spacing.ca I think). I got one for TB and three for me (one work, one home and one for the Christie subway station, which I think has the best subway station name of them all). I'll take a pic of those too and post later. Oh and I also saw Jack Layton milling about. He was carrying a thermos of coffee. Hmmm, is my blog quickly become a source of political gossip? Perhaps!

Today was a pretty good day. No dramas. My period 4 class are still quite the bunch. Even though I think they may be raising my blood pressure and turning some of my hair gray, I must say they're growing on me. They're a bit funny. Although I often have to be careful not to crack a smile lest they see that as a sign of weakness.

I ended up staying at school pretty late today prepping my emergency lesson plans so I wouldn't get in trouble from the VP.

This evening I came home and watched more Desparate Housewives. Last week I bought season 1 on DVD and my roommate and I are totally hooked. TB came by later in the evening. Our plan was to read at a coffee shop (an old tradition) but we just ended up chatting the whole time.

Well, I think I'll watch one more episode of Desparate Housewives then hit the hay.

Edit - Here's a picture of the entire subway button collection. Click here to enlarge it and see if you can find Christie station (which I pass through everyday on my way to work!) By the way, they are missing the new and rather useless Sheppard subway line. Bet people hardly notice. Although I must admit, I do require the Sheppard line for my trips to Ikea.

2 comments:

Raina* said...

wow, those are cool buttons.

Is Desperate Housewives the new Sex and the City? I sorta heard that comparison, but can't believe anything will ever compare to SATC. Maybe I'll catch it one of these Sunday(?) nights.

Christielli said...

Honestly, I'd recommend purchasing DH on DVD. There are so many twists and turns it's great to watch and kind of one those shows that you need to watch in order so you know what's up. Both my roommie and I have been going through the set and now I'm lending some of the early discs to my friends... So I feel like I've been getting my money's worth.

I never watched it when it was on tv... but now I'm taping the new episodes!