Oh, the World Cup madness does not end in my world.
Today, my period 4 classes started murmuring about soccer during exam review. "Let's get through this section and then you can talk about soccer as much as you want," I suggest. This works and we finish the review and then they enjoy 20 minutes of soccer-talking bliss.
Things I learn:
- Most of them think Brazil will win.
- One kid in my class can list the winner of every single World Cup ever. I tested him. I looked up past winners on the internet and he knew them all - all the way back to Uruguay winning in 1930. I was very impressed with him which lead him to say "I should get bonus marks for that. Bonus marks Senorita!"
(Aside, I cannot hear about Uruguay without thinking of the classic Homer Simpson line. Makes me giggle.)
Anyhow, I intend to stop World Cup related posts as soon as I can. The problem is that when in Rome you do as the Romans do. For me, Rome is my school, and the Romans talk about soccer all the damned time.
Countdown Update: 3 more days of classes
4 comments:
Well, at least they are talking about something that is G rated right? There are much worse things to talk about.
Scott
You'll have to fill me in on the Simpsons reference. I don't think i've seen that one
Well at least your up to date with out having to watch something you don't enjoy!
LOL, is there anything Homer Simpson can't do? :P
And yeah, they could be talking about things that are waaaaay worse. Like what they would do to David Beckham if they had the chance :)
Ah World Cup - the respite of the Hockey crazed province that is Alberta. It's Oiltown that is prevalent here. Oilers here, Oilers there.
Post a Comment