Random assortment of today's thoughts and observations:
1) There are eight more days of classes left. Plus 9 days of exams and other assorted chores. But it's really those classes that I want to be done with. The kids are getting beyond restless. My period 4 class can't even focus on a movie for gosh's sakes! (Well, until I threaten them with the alternative of an assignment... then they shut up... luckily they were unaware that this assignment did not exist...)
2) There was an amusing subway conductor working on my way home from work. As the car was loading he announced "Don't hold the doors open please. People want to get home. Don't crowd the cars... I'm talking to you people in the first car. Don't be afraid to walk 20 feet." People on my car were cracking up.
3) All this coverage of terrorist plots in Toronto/Canada is rather unnerving.
4) Now that the heat wave is over, the air conditioner is working in my classroom and it's freezing. Oh well, I'd rather be too cold than hot.
5) I like lists.
6) Whoa. Apparently Brangelina got $20 million for baby pics. That's a lot of cash. They say they're giving it to charity.
7) Favourite line from the Colbert Report last night: "Stephen Colbert did not sell out. The world bought in to Stephen Colbert." And I also liked his gravitas contest with Stone Phillips. Not to mention that he yet again credited himself for Canada's shift to a right-leaning PM.
8) Today is day 2 of me procrastinating laundry. I find living in an apartment building really make laundry a chore that I put off.
9) I subscribe to one magazine: Chart. It's Canada's finest music magazine and I'd highly recommend it for its reviews, articles and snide remarks. I got my issue today with such illuminating articles such as "The 16 Commandments of Rock 'N Roll Fandom" and "16 Essential Hoser Records".
10) Gosh, it was hard to come up with 10 things to say today.
ps Looks like 06/06/06 went by without incident... I had a friend in high school who was nervous when 1998 started because 1998/3 = 666...
pps I get visitors to my blog through yahoo using the search "drunk chris ficus train". This amuses me.
9 comments:
ugh, packing is killing me. causing much slacking in the blog reading dept.
lists make for good reading. thanks.
p.s. i think everyone would rather be too cold than too hot. it's like a fact. at least in Rainaville..
i just joined the blog world.
I think i am gonna like it.
I like your random, Christielli. That train conductor sounds pretty funny.
Colbert was rather funny with Stone Phillips. Too bad Canada never got to see part 1 of that battle on the very first episode of the Colbert Report. I was in the US when it started last October, and I nearly died laughing when I saw it. :)
Fun list... I am a fan of Chart magazine as well. It is always amusing.
Scott
Kids are getting restless beyond control here. Bring forth the restraints. Or, shut the school down.
LOL @ the conductor!
That subway guy sounds hilarious...or extremely bored with his job and trying to spice things up! :)
I love SC...and the Stone P Gravitas was great! I just caught it on his website!
2. you should hope for that train every night on your way home from work.
4. you would think better cold than hot....but cold can suck just as equally
i have 13 more days of school with my grade twos. serenity now, serenity now..... they are driving me to the brink of insanity!!
Post a Comment