Monday, June 19, 2006

True dat, double true.

I've entered the sweet time of the school year called exam week. Today was tutorial day. I had 5 kids come to see me. I joked with another teacher that since we had so few kids come see us for extra help, it must mean that we are fabulous teachers and that they understand everything. Yup. That must be it. Has nothing to do with the nice weather and the World Cup...

So, it was a break-neck trip home. My pal Teresa was dropping her son off in TO so I scored a free ride to the wedding. Thank you Mapquest for the fabulous directions. The ceremony was quick, and I remained tear-free until I hugged my friend afterwards. Right now I'm rocking lots of mosquito bites, because my friends and I hiked over to the police training field to play on the equipment in our dresses and heels. (The wedding was at a police rec centre.) Then I drank enough to tear up the dance floor for a bit (read - I actually danced). Oh, and I was contantly mauled, dragged, and spun until I felt sick by the 18-year old sister of the newly-wedded Mel. Good times.

The next day the girls and I went for brunch (slow service) and then did a super-secret, super-quick scrapbooking session to make a book for my friend's fifth wedding anniversary. After this, I had 3 hours to celebrate Fathers' Day with dear old dad, who was grumpy because his "shovel foot" has been acting up. My dad, aka Psycho Gardener, has dug so much with his foot that he's developed arthritis in his digging foot. (I have come up with a scientific term for this malady.) Anyhow, heat 'n humidity aggravates the shovel foot.

After that, I hopped aboard the train back to TO.

Right now I actually have the hockey game on in the background as I blog. The Oilers are behind. Boo.

9 comments:

s said...

I love the term shovel foot.

Aaron said...

i guess its better than tellin him he has hoe foot, might not go over so hot.

that police rec centre sounds fun!

too bad about the Oil...congrats to the Whalers fans out there though..it was a good game 7, the way it should be.

-jason- said...

woo hoo... all of 7 real hockey fans in carolina are celebrating. ugh.

m@ said...

Shame about the Oilers... boo-urns. Glad you have a fun weekend, it's always nice to get away for a while.

X said...

Bah to the Oilers. My sentiment of the day.

Love the title! "Snack attack m%$&^#&*%$er!" makes me laugh every time I see that SNL skit. I love it! :)

Scott said...

TOo bad about the Oilers... you must be so jacked that summer is upon you.

Scott

Anonymous said...

The Oilmen lost. Boo. Hiss. It's like everybody is grieving here. Sad.

JO said...

I can't believe you actually had the game on!! Insanity. i must be rubbing off on you! To bad it happend to be a crappy game, maybe you'll get to enjoy the sport of hockey.
Yes I do like the humidity, but only when i can enjoy it by sitting around by the pool doing nothing. And I just found out one of my friends in Waterloo has a pool... sweet! I'll stop wishing for the humidity for your dads' foots sake thought

Anonymous said...

wow! eventful trip!
haha about the tutoring
i didn't realize you scrapbook! wow! learn something new everyday!

read: dancing should only be allowed after everyone has had a few drinks this way you can't spot the bad dancers from the inebriated ones!