My last day in London was fabulous. We wanted to do as much as possible and I think that we did a good job of it. Here's a rundown of our last day in London break-neck sightseeing schedule:
- Went to the closest tube station (High Street Kensington) and bought a day pass.
- Took the tube to Westminster Abbey for a photo-op.
- Walked by the Parliament buildings and took a photo.
- Passed by Downing Street.
- Saw the Queen's Guards at St. James' Palace.
- Walked to Trafalgar Square. Admired the Canadian embassy.
- Saw the majority of the highlight paintings at the National Gallery. These included two more Vermeers (!), Rembrandts, Van Goghs, Monets, a Michaelangelo, and some Da Vincis. Supported the Gallery by spending lots at the gift shop.
- Had lunch at Covent Garden.
- Took the tube to Buckingham Palace. The Queen was in residence. Took lots of pictures. Admired the Canadian gates.
- Took the tube to the Tower of London. I made lots of corny jokes about being beheaded.
- Took the tube to Oxford Street. All of the shops were crazy busy and we were crazy tired by this point so we took the tube back to our hotel for a brief nap.
- Had dinner at Giraffe again so we could try a different flavour of smoothie.
- Went on a Haunted London walk in the evening. It was very very good. I would recommend looking into the "London Walks" company if you are ever in London. When I get my pictures up, I'll share some of the ghost stories that I remember. The highlight of this walk for me was we walked through the place where they filmed the Diagon Alley scenes from the Harry Potter movies.
- Went home to pack and go to bed since we had to leave for Gatwick at 7:30.
Toronto seems so quiet and sleepy compared to London.
I went to look at laptops today but decided not to buy one because I'm still a bit jetlagged and have the sniffles. However, I have vowed to get one tomorrow so I can start uploading my favourite pictures.
Now I've got blogs to catch up on. I've missed you all!
4 comments:
that last day sounds like a stuff-packed day.
woo-hoo... can't wait to see the pics.
sending good vibes to take care of them sniffles.
Welcome back, hon... I can't wait to see the pics. Sounds like you had a blast and I am so glad you did...Cheers: )
Welcome back! I have missed my Simpsons references and starbacks tales. :)
Get that laptop so we can see some pictures. :)
I'm soo anxious to hear the ghost stories.
Post a Comment