Tuesday, January 30, 2007

And no one is watching me slide... below street level, barely alive.

My birthday is fast approaching (16 days to be precise). This birthday is proving to be a lot of work for me, because both my driver's license and health card are set to expire this year. It's kind of weird, because I remember getting them 5 or so years ago and thinking "Man, I'll be so freakin' old when I have to get these things renewed. I wonder what my life will be like? What will I be doing?" It's always weird to think that you are in the process of living your past's future.

Anyhow, I decided to get my license renewed today. The office I went to was in the same government building where I had a summer job for two summers during university. I loved this particular job. Well, maybe not so much the job but it was the people I worked with that I loved (note: most of them don't work there anymore so I didn't do any visiting). Walking back into that building brought back a lot of memories.

I passed by a lot of other buildings with memories on my walk back to the subway from that office. I walked by my old univeristy residence, the apartment I lived in for two years, and the cheap photocopy shop, and assorted coffee places.

Ahh, nostalgia. I really enjoyed my days as a university student. I wonder if in five years, when I have to do the old identifcation renewal dance yet again, I'll think back to now, and how I lived on good old ________________ Ave and worked at good old _______________.

ps Typing blanks just made me feel like I wasn't writing a post, but making up a test/assignment...

3 comments:

AlieMalie said...

happy early birthday! i have to get my license renewed this year too and have thought the exact same things ...

now i wonder where i'll be in 7 years ... or hell, maybe i'll be applying for a canadian license then.

:)
AM

Scott said...

Happy Flag Day... oops I mean upcoming birthday.

wes said...

I will save my birthday wishes for the actual day. :p

I always think like that when I go somewhere I haven't been in awhile. I do it whenever I travel to San Diego, I think about the frame of mind and life situation I was in the last time I was there. But I am super nostalgic, about everything. :)