I'm back in Toronto and the wonderment of high speed internet. Not that they don't have high speed back in the sticks, but my parents don't, so I was treated the slowness of dial-up for almost 2 weeks.
This caused a need for me to stay up late last night catching up on my CBC Radio 3 podcasts. I listened to the best of 2006 last night and there was some really good songs that were included. There were some that I really should have added to my best of 2006 list such as:
Skinny Boy - Amy Millan
See You on the Moon! - Great Lake Swimmers
Cereal for Dinner - McEnroe
We Say No - Great Aunt Ida
A Million Dollars - Joel Plaskett Emergency
However, I had one of those special musical moments while listening to this podcast. A song started, there was some piano, then some soft lyrics. I was engorssed in one of those rare times where you absolutely adore a song on first listen. The song was "Time Breaks Down" by Bend Sinister, a Vancouver band who is yet unsigned to a label. Go listen to the song on their myspace page. As Grant Lawrence says, you have to listen to the whole song because you never know where it's going to go. Amazing. I've been listening to it all freaking day.
Also, I was totally unaware there was a new episode of the Office this week. I missed it! My fabulous roommate taped it for me, but I couldn't find it. Thank God for Youtube. I honestly think it was one of the best Office episodes ever. Perhaps my fave of season three? I had a few of those moments that one experiences only during the Office where Michael does something so stupid, and so embarassing, that it's painful. Yet so funny. I also laughed so hard when Dwight was comforting Pam and he was being so sweet (very un-Dwightly) and then said "I guess you're PMS-ing pretty bad, huh?" (Very Dwightly comment.)
6 comments:
lol, I was so prepared for a new Office episode on Thursday that I set my VCR before I left town before Christmas. I just watched it today, and I have to concur, the Dwight scene with Pam was very funny. And I liked how that email was sent to other people virtually seconds after receiving it. I don't know if you could have even viewed it in that amount of time, let alone forward it. It was awesome. :)
I like Skinny Boy by Amy Millan too, its a great song. How are you finding the Sufjan Stevens? :)
mwa ha ha, great Office episode! Silly silly Michael.
*sigh* PAM AND JIM GET TOGETHER!
god bless youtube.
Oh, it was such a good episode...
And Michael's little beads in his hair KILLED ME.
Love to see Dwight accepting the mission... he is the best.
Scott
I always miss the Office....allllwayyyyys. Happy new year and love rocking the CBC Radio 3! :)
You were just at my blog, cool! You were the only comment I had so far today. Do you realize what this did for me in my ill condition? Tons of good. I accept other forms of support as well. Try my email sometime.
Post a Comment