Monday, February 05, 2007

I wish we could open our eyes to see in all directions at the same time.

My weekend was cold, super windy, dreary, and uneventful. Blah. I didn't really do much except watch the Office with my Dad, play cribbage with my Dad and read a pretty crappy book (Everyone Worth Knowing by Lauren Weisberger). My dad's pretty funny - he makes fun of the Office when I watch it with him (comments like "This is what passes for comedy these days?" and "This what you find funny?") but then when I don't have the DVDs at home with me he asks me why I didn't bring it home. Yup, when my dad likes something he tends to insult it.

Today was the start of a new semester. I'm not a fan of change. Right now I miss my old classes, but I'm sure in a couple of weeks, I'll have grown to enjoy the current crop. At then beginning, I have to be a little bit strict and un-jokey, and well, I miss the jokiness. Oh well, once I teach the grade 9s some chemistry, I can start torturing them with bad chemistry jokes.

Well, I really don't have much else to say. Gosh, I'm never this quiet. See what happens when I have to deal with a slight bit of change? How am I going to handle having to move this summer?

5 comments:

Alexandra said...

heh heh heh ... a new batch to torture, i love it.

where're you moving this summer? staying in the T-dot?

wes said...

Great title. :)

The Office was so funny, but than again, it always is. It seems to get funnier with every episode. :)

Scott said...

Change is good, learn to embrace the difference!

Lea said...

i missed ed helms on the office.

i got the coldplay lullabies cd! thanks for telling me about it!

i'm excited about harry potter too. i love being totally absorbed into a book. oh and i read that lauren weisberger one too, i agree it was nowhere near as good as the devil wears prada.

Aaron said...

I always liked starting new terms, looking at the course syllabus and figuring out where I needed to focus the little effort I wanted to expend.

Speaking of bad chemistry jokes...

What happens to electrons when they lose their energy?

They get Bohr'd.