Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sometimes I think this cycle never ends.

Do you ever feel that the pace of life is sometimes way too fast? Today as I was walking to the subway after going out for drinks with some colleagues, I was overcome by how fast everything moves and how, well, sometimes I wish the world would stop turning for a bit so I could catch my breath.

The weeks just keep on clicking by at a breakneck pace. How is it already the end of another week? How is it almost the end of another month? How did I get to be 27 already? Was I actually present when all this time rushed by?

I'm coming upon another weekend where I rush home after work, pack my bags, and run to Union station so that I have a little bit of time to grab some dinner before I board my train. I spend my weekend running around completing errands, catching up with friends and trying to maybe sleep in a little bit. Then before I know it, I've got another train to catch, and I'm rushing to get back home so I can get to sleep at a half decent time so that I can wake up early to run to school to get ready for another week.

I remember when I was a kid, and weekends seemed endless, and time went by much more slowly. Could I sign up for that plan again?

In other news, I am actually catching an earlier train back to Toronto this weekend so that I'll be home in time to watch the Oscars. The Oscars are my Superbowl, World Series, and Stanley Cup all in one. I suck this year since I haven't really had time to do my annual try-to-see-as-many-nomiated-pics-a-thon, but it's fun no less. I've gotta fill out my ballot for my work's Oscar pool and hope that I can pull I win just like I did in 2005 (Thank you Clint Eastwood for Million Dollar Baby).

In movies-that-I-have-seen news, I went to see Music & Lyrics last night. I liked it. I laughed. I have the Hugh Grant Pop song in my head now. It's the cinematic equivalent of orange pop, so if you want something sweet and bubbly, go for it.

Anyhow, I should be off to bed, so that I can finish another week.

2 comments:

wes said...

I also find that time is flying by. An old saying comes to mind, time flies when you're having fun. :)

When you figure out how to stop time, let me know. :)

Aaron said...

yea, could you add me to that stopping time shortlist as well!

Thanks for reminding me about the Oscars! I promised someone I'd donate money (e.g. put in a no-hope entry) to their Oscar pool! Good luck with yours!