Goodness! It's 11:27 pm and I almost did not do my Canada Day tradition: listen to the song "True Patriot Love" by the Joel Plaskett Emergency. Rest assured, I have righted my wrong just in time, and I'm listening to it now, and I'll listen to it a couple of times, just to be safe.
I've been having a pretty low-key long weekend. I spent Friday recovering from Thursday, pre-ordering my Harry Potter book, and getting a stack of books from the library.
On Saturday, I met up with a couple of friends for sushi, followed by a beer on a patio, and a bit of shopping.
I also picked up season 2 of Arrested Development and have been watching that. I never was into that show when it was on tv, but I had a friend lend season 1 to me awhile ago and I've watched that season twice. I like the show so much that I figure I'll just break down and buy the other two seasons instead of waiting to have them lent to me. Then I'll have to of course get season one as well, so that I will have the complete series.
This morning I went to pick up the keys to my new apartment! It looks great! They remodelled the entire kitchen for me and it looks beautiful. I'm excited to move in; however I'll miss this apartment, my roommate, the balcony, and the view, though not necessarily in that order. My roommate is #1, of course. Today we discussed the necessity of going out for an end-of-successful-living-arrangement dinner sometime before I get too busy packing.
This evening I took advantage of the view by watching Canada Day fireworks across the city from my bedroom window. Have I mentioned that I'll miss this view? ;)
I'm also obsessed with listening to the stream of the new Matt Good album "Hospital Music". It's amazing. I love every song. Yay!
Hope you all had wonderful Canada Days. :)
5 comments:
So many things to love about Canadians. I'm American and not very proud at this moment with our moron president and non-peaceful ways. Adopt me.
Dudier, you stole my blog title! ;)
Not only did I listen to the song today, I saw the video for it, so there! :)
Enjoy your anti-climactic Matthew Good listening, its like you are opening your Christmas presents early and re-wrapping them so that you can act surprised on Christmas morning. For shame!!! :)
Gorgeous album, beautiful backstory.
New apartments are fun, but leaving comfy old ones is sad.
wow... this is strange, firefox/blogger automatically changes the language for the respective country a person is in. all the instructions for commenting are in japanese.
anyways... sorry i was busy running around yesterday prepping to leave taiwan... wanted to wish you a happy belated canada day.
Happy Belated Canada Day!
Post a Comment