I am blogging from work. This is the first time ever that I've done so. I'm on my prep period, but I'm all prepped for tomorrow, and I should be catching up on my marking, but I have to run off in 19 minutes to a textbook launch, so really what I can accomplish in 19 minutes?
(I'm pretty sure I've had kids use that reasoning to not work at the end of class. My answer to that question is always "lots".)
Also, I have my office all to myself today, so I don't have to worry about anyone looking over my shoulder.
They are serving wine and beer at the texbook lauch tonight. I didn't even know this when I signed up. I'm just going because I heard a rumour that they will be giving out free books. They are changing the curriculum for next year, and I doubt we'll have textbooks at the beginning, so I want to get my hands on whatever resources I can.
After the launch, I'm heading off downtown to meet up with my friend from high school and her husband for dinner. I've also warned them that I may show up tipsy from the texbook launch, ha-ha.
Oh, gadzooks is now totally my favourite word because of the song "Heavens to Purgatory" by The Most Serene Republic.
Oh and thanks to everyone for your really kind responses to my last post. My friends will attest that I don't talk about my mom's illness very much, so that was actually a big deal for me to write. But I'm glad I did.
All right, onward to the launch and hopefully lots of free goodies!
6 comments:
I once attended a software launch from Microsoft. Oodles and oodles of swag. No booze though. Apparently the booze was the night before at the pre-launch party held at the Beergarden or some bar downtown with beer in the name.
Hope ya have a good time.
Beer and books? Oh man, I can't wait to live in a city again!
Cxx
Did you end up getting hammered??? Hope so!
After drinking did you read yourself into an oak tree? Were there injuries?
you'll have to let us know how the launch was. i can't imagine much else better than books and beer.
i have to say, since you posted this, i've tried to weasel "gadzooks" into everyday conversation.
because of you, i have actually just bought ...and the ever epanding universe AND incorporated 'gadzooks' into an im conversation :)
Post a Comment