Wednesday, May 27, 2009

There's a reason why I love this town.

I'm still in Joel-Plaskett-happy-mode, and listening to him a lot. Here's a random post for you kids.

1) This weekend, Becca T and I tried to go see the Don Jail as part of Toronto Doors Open. It was full so we couldn't get in. You read it right: I can't even get into jail these days, yeesh. Anyway, it was a beautiful day, so we turned lemons into lemonade by buying some freezies and eating them in the park while enjoying this view of the city skyline from the Don Valley. Note: I can't take a straight photo to save my life.


2) Last week I can home to a cat-in-a-box which made me laugh really hard. I know small things, small minds, but I'm a happy person so who cares?

3) I was like the coolest teacher ever yesterday. My grade 11 "Science and Society" class were discussing how the evolution of technology has changed our lives, and I told them about a hilarious comedian's rant that I once saw on Youtube, and then I was able to show it to them, and they found it hilarious. Here it is below, in case you haven't seen it before yourself.


4) New albums: I bought the new Hayden album yesterday, and I've listened to it four times already and it's pretty good. I still have to listen to it in detail, but it stands up to being good music to have on in the background. I'm not so sure about the new Tori Amos album which I bought last week. It's kind of out there, as all of her stuff is. I dunno, maybe it'll grow on me.

5)Weekend plans = drinks on Friday night, shopping roadtrip to Buffalo with Becca T and Mathew on Saturday, and writing exams (blerg) on Sunday.

6) I just had a good phone conversation with a new friend about Sloan and teaching. New friend also likes Jay best, so this bodes well for the friendship, I guess.

7) Thanks to everyone for the comments on my Bachelorette post! I'm going to make it a weekly thing, I think. Next week, Becca T and I are going to watch together, while eating gluten-free pizza. So, you'll get to read random comments by me, Becca T, and even Rilo if she puts her two cents in again.

8) Things I'm going to be posting about in the future: a) Christielli's summer vacay travel plans; b) Things Christielli wants to do this summer; c) Upcoming changes in Christielli's life for next school year that she's apprehensive about. So stay tuned for posts that aren't random with actual topics! :D

7 comments:

AlieMalie said...

definitely looking forward to Rilo's comments on the Bachelorette, i think they will be hilarious.

rawbean said...

Thats a good picture! Finally a nice picture of Toronto ;)

I love that video!

wigsf said...

What's the cat looking at? And how do you get your cat to stand still for a photo. I can never get my cat to sit still. Except for the time she ran up a tree, but you know, up a tree, not many places to go for there.

Jocelyn said...

is it just my imagination or did rilo get bigger? i mean, i guess it's natural... also. that video was hilarious, and much needed in the world, just to play once a day for everybody when they turn on their computers, don't you think?

Christielli said...

AlieMalie - She's very opinionated, that's for sure!

rawbean - Toronto always looks nice in the sun, and very ugly when it's a gray day.

wigsf - I dunno what she was looking at. There's no trick to getting her to stay still; I guess she just naturally likes to be photographed.

Jocelyn - She's doubled in size since I got her! She was extremely underweight when I adopted her, and now she's getting a bit chunky.

Hmmm, maybe I'll always start replying to my comments. Can you tell I don't want to work?

-jason- said...

yay... another buffalo trip.

louis ck cracks me up. it was fun to catch that clip again. i love how he says, "you're sitting in a chair... in the sky"

and for pictures, just remind people that the world is round, and the camera is actually parallel with the ground where you're standing =).

Mathew Tsang said...

your cat is not as cute as mine when he is in the ROGERS bag - but she is still cute.