Welcome to another weekly installment of my comments whilst watching The Bachelorette. This week it’s just me and Rilo, as Becca T is at her cottage, and Mathew is off somewhere. Makes it easier to focus on the show without constantly having to tell people to go get their own ice cream, LOL. I’m a horrible hostess once you’ve made it to the upper echelons of my friend list.
Anyway, Jillian is off to meet the families of the remaining five dudes. Must be fun knowing that in the end of this, she’s going to piss off 80% of the people from these visits.
First visit – Reid in Philly: She greets with a squeal. Dude greets her with a coffee ready. Bonus points for that. Hmmm, Philly looks nice. I’d go there some day if there was a concert there or something.
Nice family house. I wonder what would happen if someone’s family digs were totally dumpy. I guess they wouldn’t be allowed on the show.
Second Visit – Mike in ?: Turns out he’s a twin. She greets dude with a squeal. A little family chit chat. Now, the twins are going to do a switcharoo. That’s going to appease her concerns about his age, that’s for sure. Oh she notices right away. I’m surprised.
More talk about marriage and kids and family and the sister shows up from Australia.
Meeting all of these families would be nerve-wracking, eh?
Third Visit – Kiptyn in San Diego – When she talks about Kiptyn, I think he’s her fave. I pick him to win, even though I still like Mike the best.
I don’t like her outfit. The light blue dress just looks like a nurse’s uniform or something, and I don’t think the jacket really goes with the dress.
Aw, shucks, yet another family likes her.
And the visit ends with a little moment in the hot tub.
Fourth Visit – Jesse in Carmel Valley, CA: I find Jesse unattractive, but he *does* have a winery. So…
Hmmm, this seems to be the rockiest go so far. Jesse apparently hasn’t “opened up” enough yet. Rawbean, I’m unsure if you will be winning that wine of yours.
Oooh, I don’t think his brother describing him as an “emotional ice cube” is going to help anything.
Oh wow, look at the family rocking out. And aw, shucks, yet another family thinks things are going in the right direction. And end with kissing scene.
Fifth visit – Weasly Wes in Austin Texas: (Note: I love Austin. Wes does not deserve to be there.)
Ahh, another greeting squeal from Jillian.
And Wes introduces him to his second family: his band. Then they perform Wes’s watered-down whiny country shlock music. Puke.
And Jake flies in wearing his Pilot’s uniform to tell Jillian about Wes’s fuckwittery! Yes!
Oooh, Jake shows up to tell Jillian that Wes has a girlfriend. Named Laurel. Whooooa. And Jake says that Wes will say that Laurel is just a girl from the past. Lying liar! Argh!
And now she’s going to bust him. Well, not really. It seems like she’s falling for the “she’s my ex-gf and we’re still friends” bullshit. Oh, now it’s going to be Wes vs. Jake; mano e mano. LOL I think that Wes is trying to pull out the grade 2 “she’s a girl AND she’s my friend” definition of girlfriend. They keep arguing. Jillian says she needs time to think things through. Wes sits there smugly. Jake goes and cries.
So after all this she decides to go meet his family to see if she can trust him. Mathew (who just showed up) thinks that his family (step-mom and three sisters) is in on it. And then she decides that it’s a new beginning for them and that she trusts him. Argh. Why are women so stupid about men sometimes?
OMG and when you think things can’t get more emotional, then ED shows up!!! (Ed left the show a couple of weeks ago because of his job.)
And it’s rose ceremony time. Two are going home. I say Jesse and Wes.
The rest of the dudes are shocked when Ed comes back.
Rose time: it’s Reid, then Kiptyn, then Ed (!), then… Wes !?!?! WTF Jillian? You take questionable bad-boy over fun goofy Mike who’s all about the marriage and the children which is what you claim to be. Argh!
But I called Jesse. Sorry Rawbean. You don’t win your office pool. :(
Awwww, and Mike is gracious in defeat. Oh, he’s young, and would have married her in a heartbeat and cute and goofy. Awwww, this is so sad. And she keeps Wes. Grrrrrrr…
Oh Mike, you say you were probably in love with her, but you were probably just in love with the *idea* of her. (Mathew’s all like: Christy you should email him.)
And now it’s scenes from the next time. They are off to Spain! And it looks like Wes slips up on his own lies. Oooh, I can’t wait!
4 comments:
God DAMN! Jesse is out. No wine for me.
This commentary was awesome. You are on the ball when you are on your own (and when your friends are there too).
My favorite one was the comment about the twin switcheroo appeasing Jillian's age concerns.
Okay Ed is my favorite, that dude is hot and coming back and admitting he made a mistake is even hotter. Kiptyn is my close second, because he is cute and his name is great.
*sniff* Mike is gone, he was my fav though I do like Ed and of course Kiptyn cause he's super hot(though I'm not sure about his mom).
WTF is wrong with her???? Wes...seriously Wes! I'm almost ready to throw in the towel and stop watching beacause of her stupidity.
Christy, she would only piss off 80% of the people if the number of people in the "rejected" families was exactly 4 times the number of people in the "accepted" family. Get your facts straight!
LOL. :|
Rawbean - I think Ed is my fave now that Mike is gone. Sorry again about the wine. Maybe you can write Jesse and ask him to send you some from his winery!
Miss Ash - I know! WTF with keeping Wes? He's not even cute nor is his music very good!
Hey Mathew! Hiding behind anonymity, eh? As revenge, I'm going to eat all of the yogurt and cones you left at my place. Oh wait, I already did! Muahahaha!
Post a Comment