a) Diet Dr. Pepper. My local convenience store is making a killing off of me. I am addicted to the stuff and have started craving it at odd times. What a wonderful chemical soup it is.
b) Warm sunshine! Hello, where have you been? I was so unprepared for you today that I got a sunburn while meandering about town. Sunblock, Christy, Sunblock. Anyway, I wandered around U of T campus today 'cuz I went to my friend's daughter's baptism at a church on campus. I felt very nostalgic as I wandered around, since I have very fond memories of my university days.
This is Robarts Library which looks like a turkey. Whose idea it was to make it look like that, I'll never know. Anyway, I spent a bit of time at that library back in the day, but U of T has a gajillion libraries and I spent more time in the Med Sci, Earth Science, and Zoology libraries that this one.

This is University College. I like it 'cuz it's all gothy.

This is Convocation Hall. I took first-year anthro, bio, and psych, and second-year bio in this monstrosity. I also graduated from it twice.

c) My friend Mathew. He had a bday party on Saturday, so I thought I'd give him a shoutout. He's turning all of 27 on Wednesday, and is concerned about brain decline because of this study. Welcome to the club, buddy. Here's a picture of him playing with his camera. Will he kick my ass for posting this? Let's see...

d) Peanut M&Ms. The best part is if you get a peanut M&M that doesn't have a peanut in it, it's like an extra large super chocolately M&M. Mistakes can be great!
e) The album Still Night, Still Light by Au Revoir Simone. Thanks for the tip, rawbean! I've been listening to it all weekend and it's great. I got a iTunes gift card as a gift, so I had to break it in.
f)Boys who wear plaid shirts and worn-out Chucks and make me CDs. I have lots of new musical candy to get me through the summer. Plus some comedy too.
g) Scrabble for my Nintendo DS. I hadn't played my DS in a long time, but decided to get this game. I've become one of those people who play video games on the subway now. But, I'm going to have mad Scrabble skillz after I master the training games.
h) The fact that the coming (and last!) week of work more or less requires me making appearances here and there. I've exited the land of stress and report cards and marking and I like it!
i) My new Birkenstocks. They'll give me an interesting foot tan by the end of the summer, but fuck it, they're cute and comfy.

j) The cartoon below. It warms my edumactor's heart!

k) Bachelorette night is tomorrow! Happy Monday kids! Note: item h) on this list allows me to stay up late writing silly blog posts. Win! (As Claire would say.)
9 comments:
Is your friend Matthew an engineer? I can tell ;)
I agree on the peanut m&m's and I need more information about the boys with plaid shirts and chuck tailors.
yes MATHEW is an engineer LOL!
thats okay, all is forgiven
ha! yes please, peanut m&m's. i'm going to check out au revoir simone.
Diet Dr. P? Really? I drink the real stuff and skip that diet junk. Always have some Dr Pepper in my fridge. And you have to look for it, it's pretty rare, but some 7-11s have a Dr Pepper Slurpee.
Two summers ago, that was my drug of choice.
i totally missed the au revoir simone comment - wth! Thanks for the shout out! And glad you like!
Shout out! Win! :-)
Cxx
University College is beautiful!!
hooray for another successful school year!
maybe this speaks even louder than a Rorschach blot, but i think item i) would leave white phalli on the top of your feet?
how about peanut butter M&M's??? I like. YOu like?
Post a Comment