Monday - Weekly Bachelorette-viewing session with Mathew and Becca T (see previous post). For some reason, Mathew and Becca T have Rilo photo-taking competitions whenever they're at my place. Here's a shot from this week courtesy of Mathew.

Tuesday - On Monday, I found out from my work spouse that we had Tuesday tickets for Riverdance. She couldn't make it because her baby hasn't taken to a bottle yet, so I went to her place for a visit and to pick up the tickets. It was fun laughing about silly work stuff.
Becca T joined me for Riverdance and it was pretty good.
Wednesday was the annual celebration of Becca T's birth. I met up with her after school to see a taping of The Hour with everyone's boyfriend, George Strombolopolous. It was fun and he chatted with us! We went up after the taping to get a picture taken, and he noticed a binder in my bag and asked me what was up with that, and I explained I was a teacher who came from work, and he asked me if the kids call me "Teach" or "Miss", and then wished me a happy summer. Sigh.
Here's a shot courtesy of Becca T:

After the Hour, we met up with some peeps for a fun sushi dinner. Here's a picture of some edamame that I destroyed. How I love edamame.

Today - Did some laundry (yay clean clothes!), and I'm going to run out for gelato with some peeps in seven minutes. Yum, gelato.
Tomorrow - drinks with new Sloan friend.
Saturday - Big wine and cheese bash at Becca T's.
Sunday - I have to figure out some favours for a baby shower I'm helping to organize for my pal Fea from school.
Randomness:
1) I love love love the new Phoenix album "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix". So fun. Got a copy for Becca T.
2) I just saw that they have Scrabble for Nintendo DS. I'm so going to buy that.
3) I first saw this bizarrely funny clip in university. A bunch of friends and I used to randomly act it out. Then a couple of days ago, a friend from work who knows I have a bizarre sense of humour sent it to me. It brought back so many happy memories.
Happy weekends!
8 comments:
Not sure what to make of that clip...
Have you seen that they have a new scrabble card game. Gotta get it. My roommate at university (an english major) and I constantly played scrabble on boring nights. I LOVED it when I beat her (quite often)!
Joanna
I used to have Sloan friends in high school. I wonder what ever happened to them?
Mmmmm George is delish!!! Who was on the show anyone good?
As for that odd clip, have you ever seen salad fingers? Last time checked there were about 6 videos granted that was ages ago. He's a bit weird but I love it!
Joanna - do you have facebook Scrabble? We should play! I only play with Sandra's Jason and he beats me all of the time.
wigsf - Maybe my new Sloan friend is one of your old Sloan friends. Hmmmm, prolly unlikely as he's from Montreal.
Miss Ash - It was Rick Hansen who was on. I'll look into salad fingers since I like weird stuff.
Okay do you know where that clip is from?? Its actually a ten minute film called "rejected" it's hilarious. The part with the little cloud who is bleeding out of his anus.
Chantoon and i used to quote this thing all the time!
And yes I am jealous of your time with George S. Damn you!
I like how I didn't finish my sentence about the cloud....I meant to say that it's really hilarious.
Thats what I get for commenting at work.
where are my royalties for that picture? look you can see me right behind rilo's left ear (right ear in the pic)!
I love Don Hertzfeldt's animation! Anyway, gelato sounds good right now and I just woke up.
Post a Comment