Thursday, June 18, 2009

We throw parties, you throw knives.

Randomness from a busy week:

1) Tonight I went to a "Pre-Baby Party" for my work pal Fea who's having a baby in a few weeks. I was listed as a co-planner, but really all I did was act as a sounding board for the head planner. The other planner made a super-duper cake. The theme of the party was "Modern Tea Party". I was in charge of favours for guests (funky tealight holders with Zen tea attached) and donated my iPod for dance-rock modern-tea-party music (Los Campensinos!, Metric, Matt & Kim, Phoenix and a few other things). We had it on the patio of a cool hippie cafe in the Annex, and thank goodness the rain held out. It was really fun, and I'm so full of delicious food and cake.

2) After the tea party, I dropped by Shopper's to run an errand. I was browsing the magazines, and there were two little boys dressed in uniforms looking at video game magazines (any Nintendo Power fans from back in the day?) Anyway, one of them pointed at a magazine and said "excuse me, can you tell me how much this is?" I looked at the magazine and said "It's $12.99. Wow! That's a lot!" The kid kind of looked at me funny and said "I have that much under my bed."

Moral of the story: video game magazines are expensive, but kids these days have a lot of money these days so it doesn't matter.

3) So I'm in a happy work place right now. Marking: all done. Failure phone calls: done. Extra chances: given. Report cards: done. To-do list for Monday: written. Taking Friday off: you betcha.

4) So, I guess I just admitted to ya'll that I have a long weekend. What's in store? Tomorrow I'm going to try and clean my apartment a bit (it's a disaster and I don't feel like dealing with it right now), and I'm hoping for good weather so I can spend some time outside. On Saturday, I have my friend Mathew's birthday party. Sunday, I think I'll go to my work spouse's baby's baptism.

Oh, and I want to drink some fizzy drinks too. It's all the same if the fizzy drinks are nice.

6 comments:

rawbean said...

Sounds like you've been having a BLAST. Love the description of what you've been up to at work...hehe.

Claire said...

I'm so jealous of your weekend! Work's still mental here, and will be right until the very end, but hey! Two weeks to go! :-)

Cxx

wigsf said...

I'm going to a baptism as well on Sunday. What are the odds?

The Grunt said...

Fizzy drinks are made better if infused with the souls of a thousand angry bees.

-jason- said...

kids these days have it so easy in many respects. i saved my allowance for a really long time to get the original north american version of the nintendo. i didn't have $13 (probably $9-$10 usd at the time) to blow on a magazine.

Name said...

super jealous that you are finished with all of your report cards. i, on the other hand, have just re-started. something about the program that deleted all of my work yesterday...enjoy your last week of school.