Things I should be doing:
a) Dishes
b) Laundry
c) General household upkeep.
What I am doing instead:
Sitting here blogging in my Halloween costume. I'm a dork like that. I finished getting all of the parts of my costume today, so I had to try it on. On top of the dress, which I ordered online since I thought would be an easy costume (wrong), I had to buy white socks, red shoes, nylons, a long brown wig, hair ribbons, a basket, and a stuffed dog. However, it's come together quite well even though my Toto is a black lab. I must say say I'm pretty Oz-riffic. The funny thing is that I haven't even seen the movie in years, and I can't remember much from it. This costume is a total whim, but I think the kids will like it 'cuz I look much different with long brown hair. And I usually don't wear blue gingham dresses with crinoline. However, the red shoes will be put into the regular rotation.
Halloween has taken over my life lately. I've been running around getting all of the pieces for this costume, as well as buying many pumpkin carving kits, pumpkins pies, and organizing pumpkin distribution at school. Oh, and buying candy to put in my basket along with Toto.
What's I'm listening to:
a) New Tegan and Sara album. It came out today. It's good. I really like it on first listen.
b) New Dashboard Confessional single. Oh, is my inner teenager happy right now. I have such an eternal crush on him.
c) Itunes free single: "The Second Time" by Carolyn Mark and NQ Arbuckle. It's fun and twangy.
d) Timber Timbre, who are on Arts and Crafts, are giving away their album for free. I've downloaded, but not listened yet. I intend to. It made some best of lists last year.
So that's what's happening in Christielli-land. This skirt and this wig are itching me, so it's time to change. I'm such a weirdo, blogging in my Halloween costume.
Oh! Rilo has a Halloween costume that was sent to her by some of her feline friends through AlieMalie. (Rilo's human got some neat-o skull and cross bone socks too!) I'll post a picture of Rilo in her costume on Halloween. That'll be your candy, folks.
3 comments:
You should have put a new spin on Toto and put Rilo in the basket!
Joanna
I'm going to have to check out this Tegan and Sarah.....
As for the costume, post photos! Halloween is always sooo much fun!
I'd just like to point out what a nerd I am...I looked up Tegan and Sarah and was like wha....I thought I was going to see a man and woman lol because of the names.
Post a Comment