I'm quite glad that I took Spanish. I obviously know more Spanish now than I did before the class, and I'm sure I'll get to practice it a bit in Barcelona and with some of the Spanish-speaking kids at school. I also learned that it's really really hard to take a course while school's on, so I don't think I'll be signing up for anything else, like more Spanish or creative writing, anytime soon. When I made the decision to take this course, I was going through a little bit of emotional turmoil, and thought it would be good to find something new to do with extra time. Now, life's back to its normal busy self, and I'm feeling that free time is at a premium. Having my Wednesday nights back will be sweet.
However, I'm still trying lots of new things... and of course the latest is another March Break trip to Europe. I can't believe that in 48 hours I will be on a plane to Munich, where I will have a layover before I hop on a flight to Barcelona. And, when it comes to new things, I have a few other things up my sleeve too, but I'll blog about those post-trip. Oh, I also got a summons in the mail for jury duty in April; I guess that's a forced new thing.
I still have lots to do before I leave. Tomorrow I have a hair appointment, and then I have to go to Shopper's to pick up some stuff for Becca T. I also need to buy an umbrella; I can't find any of mine, and the forecast according to my iPhone calls for rain in Barcelona on Saturday and Sunday. I find the best way to chase away rain is to be prepared with an umbrella. After the hair and the shopping, I will have to pack. On Friday, I will run home from school to catch my ride to the airport right away.
I've only given my guidebook on Barcelona a cursory glance. I know that I want to go to the Picasso museum, and go on a bike ride. However, from the looks of it, Barcelona seems like it will be an awesome city to explore, eat, and drink in with my BFF. I can't wait.
And then of course after that there's London with the fabulous Claire, and I'm also going to meet up with my little cousin who is a teacher there. And there is the shopping too!
Anyway, I might post again tomorrow from the packing madness, but if not, I'm sure I'll post at least once per city. I love vacation blogging. When I first started travelling, I would keep pretty good journals, but now a blog post or two is all I can muster. At least it gives me some written record of my travels.
¡Hasta luego mis amigos!
7 comments:
Squee! Have fun!!
Eeeeee! So exciting! Drop me an email and we can totally synchronise watches :)
Cxx
I sent you some great tips for jury duty aversion. Have an awesome trip!!
I hope the umbrella keeps the rain away :)
I remember when I lived on the prairies I never owned an umbrella. As if. Now it's part of my bag every single day out here. The funniest thing is when it goes snow out here - people use their umbrellas. It's just wrong somehow.
I'm SO stoked for your trip! I can't wait to see your posts! The locals will love it if you even TRY to speak their language to them so practice your Spanish!
youre going to have such a good time. I cant wait to see pictures!
Congrats on passing your class. I was looking at Rosetta Stone sample this week for Spanish. Wonder if I should do it.
Have fun in Europe. Safe travels!
I got a summons for jury duty as well during my vacation time...they cancelled it a few days before so I was thrilled!
Have an amazing trip and give Claire a big hug for me! I'm looking forward to your upcoming posts!
Post a Comment