Thursday, September 22, 2011

Drive there and then drive back again.

I would rate myself as about 70% from my damned malady. Voice is back. Throat is only sore in the early morning or late evening. Nose is slightly stuffed up. I'm still prone to coughing fits and I'm often dead tired by the end of the day. However, I have energy to make it through the day at school, and have spurts of creativity, and be my usual fun self in social situations.

I've almost made it through another week. I'm really excited for the weekend because this weekend is ROAD TRIP weekend! I'm renting a car and driving four hours up north to visit my pal Sandee (Go9) near North Bay, ON. I've been wanting to make this trip for years, but have not done so because I never settled on a weekend. At the end of the summer I booked it, and now the weekend has arrived!

I was really hoping for some nice sunny weather, but the forecast is calling for rain. It might make going on a hike not possible, but hopefully the forecast is wrong. *fingers crossed* However, no matter what it will be fun catching up with an old friend, and emails have mentioned things like a pig meet 'n greet at a place with pumpkins and a corn maze. You can't go wrong with that!

I'm looking forward to the long drive. I essentially drive straight for the entire trip. I've thrown a motley assortment of CDs into my bag for the drive, since I don't own the cable to connect my iPod, and I haven't had time to make a mix. In addition, I'll have plenty of time to think. I'm not sure what I'll think about, but I'm sure my brain will come up with something to keep be occupied.

Well, I *am* exhausted and heading to bed. I'll let you know how the trip went. Happy weekend! :) I'll leave you with one of my favourite road songs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think driving songs should be further categorized. For example, there are songs better for driving in the rain at night (Hey Man Nice Shot by Filter) and there are songs better for driving on a sunny summer day (Driving South by the Stone Roses). And then there are songs that are better for driving home after a long day at work (Rain Down on Me by Blue Rodeo or Lodi by CCR).

Claire said...

Happy weekend! I am jealous of your road trip, and I hope you have a great time!

Cxx

Jabba said...

I like wigsf3's suggestions! I haven't been listening to music in my car recently because when I bought my new iPod the cord I had won't work with it. You don't want to know how much swearing happened when I realized that.
I hope you're having a great weekend!

Miss Ash said...

Wow, North Bay!!! That's quite the trek! Hope you had fun, and down here the rain held off so hopefully the sun was shining up there!