I have almost completely lost my voice. I can't believe I'm going to have to take a day off so early into the school year. BLERG.
My throat was hurting last week, and I attributed it to the fact that I was using my voice a lot again with being back to school. Well, it's just gotten worse this week, and I really should have stayed home today, but my classes don't have textbooks yet, so I dragged myself in. I tried to talk less than I normally do - I showed a film (related to the curriculum with corresponding assignment, of course) period 2, and actually connected a computer to a projector and typed out instructions to my period 3 class. I took the subway home from work with my work spouse. I had my iPhone out and was typing messages to her on it. It was pretty funny. I'm going to save that note to laugh at for later.
However, I realize that it's hard for me to keep my mouth shut. I kept wanting to talk and talk and talk. I'm sitting at home now, resting it, and slightly going insane. Seriously, I'm sure that I wouldn't be talking now at all if I didn't have this ailment, but the fact that I can't call my mom and complain really bothers me.
You totally don't know what you've got 'til it's gone, ha-ha.
I'm also really stuffed up and tired too. I am the worst when I get sick. I get into a battle of wills with my body, and my body always wins. It pretty much goes like this:
Christielli's Body (which sounds like a robot): "Warning, warning, I am sick."
Christielli: "I don't have TIME for sickness. I am going to work, going to the gym, and doing every other thing I have planned. You will bow to my will."
Christielli's Body: "Do not push me. Rest now. Or else things will get worse."
Christielli: "Never!!!" And then I proceed to continue to do all the things I want to do, and maybe a few extra things to show my body who is boss.
Christielli's Body: "Enough. Total meltdown commences."
Christielli: "Oh shite. I should have listened. Okay Body, I will rest now and take care of you. Let's never fight this way again."
Of course, I forget about this the next time a sickness rolls around.
So yah, I'm hoping that my voice comes back soon. Because really, I don't have TIME for this. Yeesh. Okay, I'm going to make a peanut butter and banana sandwich to make myself feel better.
7 comments:
I hope you feel better soon. And I do that thing you just described and am trying not to in the run up to the start of term. I only need to talk for one week but am losing my voice so need to stop.
Really hope it clears up mega quick and you can rest and feel better.
Oh bless you! I hope you are feeling tonnes better soon - being ill at the start of school blows. Also, your body and my body react in exactly the same way, it seems...
Cxx
Sounds like one of those old-timey sci-fi robots, like on Lost In Space.
Ha! Ha! I love how your body sounds like a robot. I'm sick right now too - we have this friend who is incapable of sitting still - you know they type....always has to be doing something, can't spend a night at home alone....anyway he invited us over for dinner on Friday and cooked for us. It wasn't until halfway through eating that I realized he's TOTALLY sick!!
usually once a year, i lose my voice really bad...the longest it was gone was 10 days.
and i talk a LOT....i can totally relate. so frustrating
I like how you and your body argue.
I used to go go go even when I felt ill and then BAM I'd be forced to rest. I've learned to take a day and relax, the world can wait for me!
Post a Comment