Report cards are due on Thursday.
I feel like this year, I'm more behind on paperwork (my least favourite part of work) than ever. My extracurricular projects have been time-consuming (yet oh-so-rewarding), and life outside of school has been busy with more trips to Stratford than usual. On top of all of this, I do not have a student teacher this semester, after having one for about five semesters in a row, and I really do miss using that opportunity to get caught up on work.
So you might not hear much from me until Thursday.
Also, I'm keeping in mind the people of the Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan. I feel a particular closeness to that country, even though I've never been there. Over half of my school's student body is Filipino, as are two of my closest friends, and my sponsored child is from there. She seems to be okay as per emails from the organization and my quick self-taught lesson in the geography of the Philippines. However, one of my students lost some family members, and another student has been there for a couple of weeks due to a family emergency and I haven't heard anything yet. The people of the Philippines are very much in my thoughts right now.
Student Council and the unofficial Philippines club are working on some fundraising activities. It's great that the Government of Canada will match any civilian donations to relief efforts, so if you are able to donate, please do.
Red Cross
UNICEF (Actually if you donate to UNICEF, it looks like your donation will be tripled... Matched by the government and Loblaw Companies.)
2 comments:
It is so sad out there right now. There was (is) a huge community of people from the Phillipines in my old home town so I also feel close to the place despite never being there. x
It is so sad. There is a huge community from the Phillipines in Vancouver too so they are in my thoughts too. It must be especially tough watching your students going through it too.
Post a Comment