I am in love with the Daughter album "If You Leave". It's beautiful and sad, and even though it makes me emo, and potentially weepy (if I've had enough to drink), I still love it. Get it. I know nothing about the band other than I love this album.
Tonight was parent-teacher interviews. At 5:30, the official start time, people were just slowly filing in, and there wasn't anyone at my seat. A colleague next door to me said "hey I think you'll like this YouTube video" and tried to load it on his phone. Then a parent walked up to my desk, so I said "show me later". I didn't get a break until about 8:00 pm after that. It was an evening of much talking, but I enjoyed it.
After this night is over, I always feel like it's the official start of the Christmas season. I should put up my tree this weekend.
This weekend I have a wedding to go to. I'm looking forward to it. Two of my friends from university are marrying each other and it's adorable. I know it'll be super fun.
It's raining out. I daresay I'm ready for snow.
Tonight I talked a couple of my friends to go for post-interview drinks at the Granite, which I consider my local pub. (How self serving.) We drove by the giant light up holiday tiger in Koreatown (will get a picture) and I felt excited for the season.
Although now I'm home, I'm listening to this awesome oh-so-emo album and thinking about how many things that I love about my life, but how there are things that I'm wistful/nostalgic/regretful of.
Oh well, that's life.
At least I have lots of people to laugh with.
4 comments:
I think lots of people to laugh with is a pretty ace thing to have xx
Last night and today were our parent interviews. It made for a long days/nights but it's great to visit with parents. Hopefully yours went well, too.
I think your music taste and mine is aligning a little....I have checked out a few songs on this album and it sounds good.
Don't you love it when music brings out that much emotion? I had a "musical religious experience" on my first day at my new job. So intense, but so cool.
Post a Comment