I've recently really gotten into Chvrches. I love the album The Bones of What We Believe and this song especially.
Oh January, I keep trying to like you, I really do. But you're so cold and dark, and you're going on for what seems like an eternity. When it comes to my life, I feel like I'm in this weird limbo where I'm waiting for something to happen. I have lots of things to look forward to starting next month (visit from Becca T, my birthday, Blue Rodeo, then my March break trip to Europe), but I gotta get through the work and drudgery that comes with this month.
I think this is at least my second post complaining about this month.
But, I do have down time, which I have been craving so badly after the whirlwind that was the entire year of 2013. I'm rocking at the healthy living thing: I'm continuing all of good habits around making my own lunches and eating clean during the week. I'm exercising lots.
I'm reading a lot. I'm on my fourth book of the year.
Also, I feel that lots of good things are on the horizon, but I'm a little impatient for them during these dark cold days.
I just want some sunshine.
2 comments:
I am so glad you are into Chvrches. I really like them.
I seem to be doing better at January than I did last year, but I know a good January usually leads to a miserable February and February is excellent normally. So glad you are reading and rocking the healthy living too, I bet that is making it easier even if it does not feel like it.
I'm trying to just take each day as it comes and remember there are blue skies and sun they are just hiding for now behind the clouds (sorry that sounds a bit lame but that is how I am doing it). x
I soundhound-ed a song the other day and it ended up being Chvrches!
January is the reason my parents come out here for the month - to escape it!
I can't believe you're read that many books already, it's only the 22nd!!
Post a Comment