It's been a cold few days I tell you.
There was a freak power outage on Friday at the museum so we actually got kicked out at noon. One of the employees commented it was only the second time the ROM had closed in his 20-year career. It was too bad since the afternoon was the part that I was looking forward to the most: walking around the exhibits. Oh well, the power in the rest of the neighbourhood was still working so I treated myself to Starbucks and browsed a bookstore. I picked up a new book for me and a third baseball preview magazine for my dad.
Night two of Hey Rosetta! and Stars was amazing. For night one, we had balcony seats (a good school night option) but with our GA tickets night two, we made it to the very front which was amazing. Stars is in my top three favourite bands, and is my go-to when I need to cheer up and they are just such an amazing and gracious band.
On Saturday, I took the train to Stratford and hibernated in the cold reading books with my parents. Same with most of my birthday until I ventured out for drinks and dinner with friends. That was fun and I made it back home to watch most of SNL40 with my parents which I really enjoyed.
There were mechanical issues with my train on Monday, but luckily they figured that out in advance and there was a bus in place of the train which got me home mostly in time. Again, with the cold on Monday, I hibernated, spent time with Rilo, and caught up on my most awful guilty TV pleasure (The Bachelor, of course).
Today was back to the old grind and it was a nice day. I have really nice classes yet again. My friends surprised me with a tea party in the drama department prop room and it was lovely with real teacups, cucumber sandwiches with no crusts, and tiered-platters of baked goods. I really have great friends.
And even if I was being mopey for some of the weekend because I've hit the midpoint of my thirties, I think this birthday taught me that birthdays aren't about getting older, but just a necessary reminder of one's awesomeness by our loved ones, which is something that we all need, especially in these long winter months.
p.s. FYI, you are awesome, my reader friends. Trust me on that.
1 comment:
You are awesome (and I am disorganised....belated gift will be there in a week or two!), and your weekend of hibernating sounds grand. Often a winter favourite here too!
Post a Comment