Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Vacation buzz fading... fading...

Day 2 of back to reality is in the books.  Man, I didn't want to come home so hard.  Who knew that I have natural skills in the area of luxury tropical vacationing???

Yesterday while sitting at my desk planning lessons and reaching into my lunch bag for lunch (i.e. random foodstuffs I had at home) all I could think was how much I missed having a lunch buffet, and man, would a lunchtime beer be grand.

Okay, I'll stop whining and summarize with the fact that my vacation was fun, relaxing, fun, fun, and more relaxing.  I loved it.  Man, I'm lucky to be able to do such things.

Oh, and on the Boris/Helga front, we saw them many more times over the course of the week.  They were even on our flight home.  Everything we saw them, Helga was wearing her perma-frown and Boris was on his phone.  They clearly do not have my level of vacationing skills.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After these two posts about Boris and Helga, it got me thinking. Not just that I really need a vacation. I mean NEEEEED a vacation.
It's not that they don't have vacationing skills like you (which from having read your blog for as long as I have) you gotz tha mad skillz. But some people aren't built for enjoyment. They think the vacation will bring on a smile, but some people can't.
Or maybe, she wanted a vacation and it was not good timing for him but she can only go during the March break and such. So Boris is still in work-mode and isn't really giving her lots of attention.
Or maybe the Caribbean isn't the place for them. Maybe they'd be better off vacationing in Amish country or NYC or camping or something.

Aaron said...

Every time you mention Boris and Helga all I see is: Boris and Natasha.

Way to be the hero to their villain role!