Anyway, I have been spending far too much time today reading articles about the situation in New Orleans. This one made me sad that I've never visited New Orleans (make sure you read reason #15). I read another article that described how so many people couldn't leave the city because they were living paycheque to paycheque and couldn't afford a way to get out. I wish I could remember where I read this article since it was very well done.
Make sure you read Michael Moore's letter to Bush if you haven't.
Well, this afternoon I went and got myself a new pair of shoes for school. I can't believe it starts on Tuesday. I really wanted to get a new pair of running shoes, but I figured since the kids have to wear black dress shoes with their uniforms, then maybe I should too. Then, when they try to get away with wearing running shoes, I can tell them that I'd like to wear running shoes too but out respect for them, I am not, so they'd better go get their proper shoes on their feet. So instead of getting fun black comfy runners, I got this fun chunky pair of black dress shoes. Here they are in all of their dress code glory.
3 comments:
Dress code-y shoes with jeans, such wonderful juxtaposition. Not that they look entirely out of place.
Good idea with the kids, it's all about manipulation, which I'm all for.
"Here they are in all of their dress code glory.". And you? Where can I find you, Christielli?
Canada is too far away from were I am, but I will start to pass here in your blog everyday. Maybe I am curious about you.. Let's see.
Luis or Louis
Yeah, the jeans won't be coming to school. I wish they could! I always wear pants and one day I was wearing my favourite cords and this one kid was like "Why do you get wear jeans?" I was unimpressed and explained that there is a huge world of difference between cords and jeans.
Post a Comment