Monday, November 13, 2006

How'd it get this late so early?

I tried to post today. First blogger was out and then my internet went wonky. Gah.

Anyhow, the weekend was good. I enjoyed not having to catch a train, hanging with friends, seeing Becca T speak, being in the city, procrastinating and seeing the Nightmare Before Christmas in 3D. Good times.

Today was a relatively painless Monday. I think the kids got out their bad behavoiur last Monday. I really hope that's it for the semester.

I voted today in the municipal election. The polling station was in the lobby of my building. Talk about convienience. Everyone I voted for won. Wish that always happened (cough cough federal election).

Tomorrow I have to finish assembling my roommie's Office themed birthday gift. If I have time, I'm going to make a "Happy Birdday" card and sign it from "your Thursday night pals". I am going to label each gift from a character. Here's what I am going to get:
a) jello from Jim
b) jelly beans from Pam
c) M&Ms from Kevin
d) a tacky cat thing from the dollar store from Angela
e) a bottle of alcohol from Meredith
f) a crossword puzzle book from Stanley
g) a jar of beets from Dwight
h) the fabulous Office calendar from me

Okay, one thing: I want to give something from Michael. But what? I wish I lived in the States and could get a Chili's gift certificate. Yeesh. Huh. Any ideas?? I did see a voodoo kit for Offices... I could see Michael buying that for someone, but I want something from the show. (Oh, I could get her an iPod... but... she has one already and I haven't won the lottery yet.)

Anyhow, as you can tell, I do like to put effort into gifts. Nothing makes me happier than giving a good theme gift.

Right now I'm listening to a song I really like called "Your Braids" by Colin Munroe. It's available on iTunes. Anyway, he's a friend of Becca T's (I think they went to camp or something) and he's releasing a CD in the spring. This song will be the single and was apparently mixed by someone who worked with the Killers. It is a good song, hence I supported the cause by buying it from iTunes. I recommend it, if you're into happy indie pop.

Tomorrow night = Borat. Hmmmm, could I count it as professional development do you think? Perhaps seeing it will help my classroom management because I will be able to recognize off-task-Borat-related conversations much faster.

6 comments:

wes said...

It still sounds like the awesome-est party ever. :)

I've been racking my brain to come up with something, but the best I could do so far was something that said "No.1 boss" on it, like a coffee mug or something. If you wanted to spend a little more, you could get the George Foreman grill, and put on the card "don't use with your feet while in bed" :)

I'll let you know if I come up with anything else by tomorrow night. :) Good luck. :)

AlieMalie said...

i just checked and you can totally get a chili's gift card online. heehee.

http://www.chilis.com/

anyhoo, sounds like an awesome birthday coming up.

hope you enjoy borat; just remember to breathe. haha.

:)

Lea said...

what about something from Hooter's from Michael? ;)

Anonymous said...

I'd include it under Special Ed Assessment. Yup, that's it. That's the budget line. Special Ed it is.

Raina* said...

darn lea beat me to it....

ooohhhh, this thursday should be a juicy episode!

Christielli said...

Thanks for your suggestions guys...

Wes - the idea of a George Forman Grill killed me. LOL. We actually have one. Hmmm, perhaps I should wrap that up.

Alie - Great idea... However, there isn't a chili's around for her to use it at.

Lea - LOL Awesome. I don't know if I could walk in there to get something though.

Raina - I'm looking forward to it too.

Guggs - yeah, spec ed for sure.