Monday, November 20, 2006

Time is contagious, and everybody's getting old.

I am a girl who is surviving on three hours' sleep last night plus an after-work nap.

Why only two hours of sleep? Well, my Ratford to Toronto train was over 2 hours last night, getting me home at 1:45 am. And, of course the agitation of sittting around the Ratford train station, on very very uncomfy benches, for two hours made sleep evade me until about 3:45. Yuck.

Surprisingly, I was somehow less tired today than I am on a typical Monday. Go figure.

Here are all of the relevant updates after a 3 day break from blogging.

1) My roommate loved the Office themed gift. Mission accomplished.

2) Weekend was okay. Went home to visit the 'rents. Mom's still in the hospital getting lots of physiotherapy and Dad's back home sleeping a lot and hopefully slowly regaining his strength.

3) My iPod now is playing a mix Damien Rice and Sloan peppered with a healthy mix of Christmas music and other enjoyabilities.

4) New blog project = I want to go a week where I take a picture everyday and post it here. I am so going to start tomorrow.

5) Going to see the Dixie Chicks movie tomorrow night with the student teacher I ended up kind of adopting this past month. Should be fun.

6) Today I received a bottle of wine and some chocolates from various co-workers as a thank-you for my overall fabulousity.

Hmmm, is that the sound of lab reports I hear asking to be marked?

6 comments:

AlieMalie said...

do lab reports actually ask to be marked? hehe.

glad to hear your parents are on the road to recovery, and the fact that your Office party went well too.

looking forward to your photos. :)

Aaron said...

ooooh extra hard marking on those students who don't bring you a nice gift with a significant content of hydroxyls in it for x-mas!

wes said...

ohhhhh, the picture idea sounds awesome, I'm already looking forward to it. :)

Its way too early for Christmas music. I can't even stand the stuff until at least Dec. 20. :p

Scott said...

Let me know how the movie is. i am interested.

Scott

JO said...

so like where are your pictures... i'm putting of going to sleep and need something to do.
That's to bad about the Train... i was going to offer to drive you to the bus but wasn't sure when i would get back to KW, at least you weren't overly grouchy.
Glad to hear your parents are getting better.

The Grunt said...

Your blog project sounds exciting. I can't wait. Seriously, I am going to sit right by the computer and expect stuff to magically happen right away.