Oh gosh. Monday + full moon + kids spending the entire weekend eating Halloween candy (or such is my hypothesis) = frustrating day at work. Gah besmirch. It really sucks having a frustrating day at work, and then getting home only with the distasteful fact that I have a pile of work to get done. I'd much rather crawl into bed and go to sleep.
I really could rant on and on about my crappy day but I won't. I just hope my theory that bad days are usually followed by good ones (at least it seems to be the case in my profession) holds true.
At least Monday is over. I don't like Mondays.
The weekend was okay. I made another trip home, and hung out with my grumpy father. His grumpiness is a sign he's getting better. When he was sick, he was rather mild-tempered and wanted company. Very unlike himself.
I also did a bit of socializing on Saturday night. I feel like I have not been socializing enough in the past five weeks.
Incredibly, I went the WHOLE weekend without taking out my computer once. It sat in my bag the whole time I was home. The nice thing about neglecting the internet world for awhile, is that when you get back, you have a tonne of emails and feel quite popular.
All right, I think I'm gonna have a mini-nap and then attack my pile of work.
6 comments:
I've decided to join in on the madness that is hallowe'en. And at the same time, turned it into a 'teachable' moment, i.e., I get 1% of their entire loot. Yes, math is fun.
We all win.
yay! for naps. glad to hear your dad is getting back to his old self.
hope tomorrow is a totally kick ass day.
Glad your weekend was some what relaxing, mine was too. Just preparing for next weekend, which I was just reminded of that it is a long weekend. :)
Going without the computer for a few days is nice, its great to get away from it and do other studf once in awhile. :)
Enjoy your rest of the week! :)
I to was without internet this past weekend. I was super excited to see 11 e-mails in the inbox upon my return to the cyber world. I rely alot on the computer now - - i wonder how i would do without it. I am back to ratford this upcoming weekend for 3 weeks - - ohhh the torture.
Hey, I do that "ignore my email" thing for that reason sometimes. It really does make you feel all special. It's silly, but it's true.
Well, the good news is that it's Wednesday today.... Monday is a whole two days past....and hopefully the candy stashes are dwindling. (I know I ate mine reaaally fast.)
Glad to hear your dad is being grumpy.
And just think tomorrow is Thursday!!!
Post a Comment