First of all, Happy David Bowie's 60th birthday to each and every one of you! I decided to use the occasion to quote from my favourite Veruca Salt song (With David Bowie). I've been on a bit of a Veruca Salt kick lately. I think that's because I bought the new Nina Gordon album with Christmas money, and I'm enjoying it a lot and it's caused me to listen a lot to Eight Arms to Hold You. (Side note: I bought that album to celebrate the 25 cent raise I got from a promotion at my crappy high school job. I have a scarily accurate memory when it comes to where/when/why I bought every CD I own.)
Anyhow, so I the fact that I'm sitting here writing this post proves that I survived the first day back after vacay! Woo! I have to say, I missed the little rapscallions just a bit. Life is soooooooo boring when you don't have to argue with surly teenagers about cell phones, hats, and the like...
Right now I should be working on making up exams but... oh man, procrastinating is better. I've also kind of decided that I don't have to start them 'til tomorrow because the first day back is stressful/traumatic/busy enough without having to add to it. My deadline isn't until Thursday anyhow and I work better under pressure.
Apparently a little bit of winter decided to come along. I went for a walk and it was a little bit chilly and a few flakes of snow were coming down. I hope that's the worst we get.
I bought myself a new winter hat that I adore at a craft fair in December. I haven't gotten to wear it much with the unseasonably warm weather we've been having. I wore it tonight for my walk. Now, I love that hat, but it doesn't work well with the over-the-ear headphones I have because in order for the hat to look cute, it must go over my ears. If there are headphones on my ears, it doesn't work. So, I had to resort to using my earbuds while wearing the hat. So it looks like if the weather gets home, I'm going to be spending a lot of time changing my indoor headphones with outdoor headphones. I know - my life is sooooooo extremely complicated.
Doesn't it scare the lot of you about how Stephen Harper and his ilk are becoming all "concerned" about the environment and trying to clean up their acts because a poll showed it's the #1 issue for something like 70% of Canadians. Puh-lease. I hope that when the election is eventually called that people don't fall for these old wolves trying to masquarade as sheep. Because then we could be in for a Conservative majority. Scary.
I really like oranges.
I also like rambling and then switching to an unrelated topic just like that. It's fun.
Okay, I do have a little bit of work to get done before I go to sleep. I'm trying to get in the habit of sleeping enough in 2007.
How many days 'til Friday?
9 comments:
i also like oranges. Ate one today. Unlike you - I am looking forward to some snowy weather. I enjoy the cold to a certian degree. Glad to hear the first day went well - mine did too. I was happy to get back top the routine of school
I'm more of an apple person myself. :)
I remember how I got a lot of my CDs too, but I don't know about everyone. Just the ones with good stories, which is a lot of them. I like Veruca Salt too, I like American Thighs more than Eight Arms To Hold You. The question is, do you know where both those names came from? And no cheating by looking online somewhere. I was also going to ask if you knew where the name Veruca Salt came from, but that is way too easy. :)
p.s. Benjamin is my fav on Eight Arms To Hold You. :)
I really really hate to say it but I think that we are in for a Conservate majority with the next election. They just seem to have a little momentum and Harper is so well managed, he has yet to slip up... I hope that he does in a big way, but I don't see it happening.
Yikes!
you're so funny, Christielli. hehe.
i'm with you on having to change earbuds for different occasions - when i go to the gym i have to have the over the ear ones because the earbuds don't stay in. and yes, it makes life very complicated, i concur.
i like oranges too. yum yum.
couple centimetres of the white stuff sitting on the ground here already, like you I'm hoping this is as bad as it gets.
i wish people didn't tend to have such short memories come election time.
and the correct answer is 'too many' days til friday I think?
I think things will look a heck of a lot like they do this time around if we get another election. I'll bet my money on a Tory minority again. Just an educated guess :)
Yeah, it's cool that Bowie and Elvis share the same B-day.
LOL @ your problem-solving skillz with your headphone/earbud dilemma.
Post a Comment