Weezer was really a really awesome show. Really awesome. They've really changed up their stage show since I saw them way back in 2002. Rivers used to be a shoe-gazer rooted in place on stage, but now he engages in fun stage banter, moves around, kicks soccer balls into the crowd, jumps on a trampoline, plays the drums, and lets the other guys in the band play some of the songs. It was such a fun show. They played all of my favourite songs, including El Scorcho (!!!). I didn't know many of the songs from the Red album, but they were great live. Also, hearing old Weezer made me feel so young and brought back great memories from my high school and university days. I love how music intertwines itself with life. It was very appropriate that I went to the show with 5 of my pals from uni days. I love lasting friendships, and I love great music.
Right now I'm flipping back between the American VP debate and the Canadian debate. I laughed out loud when Jack Layton asked Harper if he was hiding something underneath his sweater. Zing. If Palin says the word maverick once more, I am going to vomit.
I really love the new Jack's Mannequin album. I cannot wait to see them in November.
This morning, a coworker in the staffroom commented how tired in the morning I look. Thanks. Much appreciated.
My apartment is a mess. Anyone wanna come over and fix that for me?
This weekend is going to be about getting the messy apartment in order, catching up on work, and catching up on reading and other good-for-me things. It won't be exciting, but hopefully I'll feel a little less overwhelmed than I have lately.
Random post out.
1 comment:
maverick.
mwuahaha.
i swear, had i been in a room by myself last night, i would be hoarse. i wanted to scream at the tv the entire time.
is it nov 4th yet?
Post a Comment