Sunday, October 05, 2008

It started feeling like October.

Happy World Teachers' Day! Go hug yourself a teacher, or jet yourself over here, give me a hug and then proceed to mark some quizzes and lab reports for me. Thanks.

So it's Sunday evening, and I've had a great weekend. Sunday nights are always kind of yucky, because I suffer from the Sunday night blues, but they are always make worse when I have a stack of work awaiting me... Right now I'm working on procrastinating using as many methods as possible. I've had dinner, chatted with my mom on the phone, tried on my new winter coat (more on that later), and now I'm blogging.

On Friday night, I did some laundry and had coffee with a friend. As you can see, during laundry time, I gave myself a blog makeover and I quite like it.

I had a very productive Saturday. I went to the gym and did some shopping (I realized that I am very low on socks). While shopping, I tried on the brown 2008 version of Becca T's winter coat and I really really liked it. I was very tempted to buy it, but I felt like I'd have to get her permission first. She was away for a work conference for the day so I'd have to wait for Sunday for the go-ahead.

In the evening I had a little nap until some friends called to go to Nuit Blanche. Nuit Blanche is all-night art project with instillations all over the city. It was pretty busy. Apparently 1 million people came out for it. I think my fave part was the light instillation that transformed city hall. Anyway, it was a pretty fun night wandering around with friends, seeing the city streets packed with people, and being confused some of the time. One of the pieces was music being played out of a garbage bin, and I was very confused as to what was the piece at the designated site. Again, thank goodness for friends to explain such things to me.

This morning I was pretty exhausted after wandering around the city the previous night, so I slept in. After discussing the coat issue with Becca T, I headed back to the mall to get the coat. It was sold! However, they had one at a different location, so I ran there, and then ran to meet up with Becca for coffee. I felt like I was on some shopping/socializing version of the Amazing Race. On my way home from coffee, I ran into my San Fran pal who was marking at a coffee shop. We chatted and both lamented that we were spending World Teachers' Day marking (or in my case procrastinating from it).

Right now there are a billion things I'd rather be doing: knitting, having a warm bath, watching a movie. But, unfortch, I really should do my job. :( Boo-urns.

2 comments:

The Grunt said...

You know, I think I will go and hug a teacher.

bling on the blog said...

Thanks for the comment on my site. I am really glad you like my designs. Thanks! Check back often and I will be adding more periodically.